eSignal RAISING FEE'S AGAIN!!?!?? WTF

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by JMowery1987, May 5, 2006.

1. I wish I could get worked up as much as you over something like this. Do you curse the gas station attendant over the continuing hikes at the pump?

I figure all my expenses as a whole and work it out to a price per transaction for my level of trading. With the cost of commission, cost of 2 internet providers to make sure I have a back-up, the cost of a primary and back-up datafeed, various supplies such as computer upgrades and expenses for things like seminars and trade shows, I'm able to tie it all to each trade so I can see an overall cost to find out if each trade was really profitable or not.

This $1.00 increase works out to less than a penny more a trade when my overall cost is at the dollars per trade level.

I just don't see having a heart attack over it. If you really hate esignal with a passion, then drop them.

Cheers,

Paul

#11     May 5, 2006
  2. The point is its bullshit. The amount doesnt matter, what matters is they are once again raising rates. They are steep as it is and now they want to raise rates even higher. I plan on reserarching Trade Station. I know for a fact they have better indicators than eSignal.... and if you trade x-amount per month the service is free!!. I pretty much had it with eSigal. If you want to use just 1/2 of the bullshit custom indicators they use... it will run you $800 / month!! eSignal is insane.... and to boot, those SOBs refuse to carry the put/call data. At least if nothing else i know TradeStation has it.

I hate eSignal!!!:mad: :mad:

EDIT: ... THey are over hyped pieces of shit that are out to rob you blind. Dont know how many times i had to get on the phone and tell them to stop charging me for a product i had cancelled .... twice!!!!

#12     May 5, 2006
  3. jtmarlin

jtmarlin

only reason i keep them is because i got a trade up rate 4 years ago which is cheaper than the current model yet still high for crappy software and I need the feed for analytics...

#13     May 5, 2006
  4. Well I had my pizza, and feel better.

I just don't know why eSignal just keeps on raising rates.

The ONLY reason I'm still with eSignal is they have the ability to link up with Laser platform. Otherwise I'd be going to ProphetX. Once ProphetX has the same capability to link with Laser, I'm done with this damn company.

IQFeed said they are partners and it will happen soon, and they already made the windows Detatchable within a week after I suggested it. So I will hopefully be able to switch soon.

I just don't understand how they can be charging twice as much for their software and still be upping the price. Like I said, the dollar doesn't hurt, it's the fact I was kinda expecting a price drop with the competition becomming more known.

It's just an outrage. I agree with the duck on this one.

#14     May 5, 2006
  5. I use prophet

around $35 a month got 2 subcriptions actually

I also pay tradestation $175 just to use their software per month.

esignal is an over priced quote feed, get prophet

#15     May 5, 2006
  6. Hey CW, what methods do they offer of payment? Hopefully by credit/debit card direct from checkings account.

#16     May 5, 2006
  7. Anyone else see a restraining order in this guy's future?

#17     May 5, 2006
  8. Cool, I've never had one of those.... I've never been in trouble with the law. Always up for new things. :D

Traders are crazy though, at least I am.

#18     May 5, 2006
  9. TGM

TGM

I have not used ESignal is years. When I first started trading I used an old Quotetrek. I then used DBC/Bonneville. They are garbage. Anyone that pays that kind of money for Esignal is nuts. They are worth at best 50.00 a month.

Crazy to pay that money and not have CQG!!! Insane.

The best deal going is Ensign and IB or Sierra and IB. But Gawd's sake if you are going to pay top dollar go with CQG!

#19     May 5, 2006
  10. Do you actually know what CQG charges? Last time I checked, service started close to $400 plus exchange fees. At the highest service level, eSignal is half that. Hardly apples for apples.

CQG does get high marks from people I know. If anyone is paying around $150/mo for their service, please chime in.

#20     May 5, 2006