Esignal Qlink Backfill Help

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Rehoboth, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Anyone else having trouble getting bars to backfill on excel? I have tried multiple different files on different cpus and I when I open a sheet none of them backfill. The problem for me started today?

2. I've experienced the same... eSignal apparently has an unresolved problem..

3. An unresolved problem....never!

4. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

There is a bug in asking for back-fill via QLink. We're in the process of improving the base code for QLink and should have a 3.0 version due out by end of Q1 next year that will be more robust and more stable.

In the interim, the only way to counter the bug is to try a different request types since this is such a random bug. For example, if you're looking for 100 5-min bars, try 101 5-min bars. If that doesn't work, try 102 5-min bars, etc. Certainly not ideal but that's how some customers are getting around the issue for now.

Sorry for the inconvenience. The new version will be much improved.

Thanks.

5. Thanks for the response, is the new build going to contain ex-dividend dates like sigtools does?

6. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

I believe it will although I haven't seen the final spec as of yet. The goal would be to grab as many fields as possible, since this upgraded QLink tool will be used for both individual and Corporate use.

Thanks.