Esignal problems !!!!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by gimp570, Apr 18, 2005.

1. gimp570

gimp570

Is anyone working on this......its been months

#51     Sep 1, 2005
  2. Hi gimp570,

I have sent our programmers another report requesting an ETA on a fix for this issue. Hopefully, I can get a response asap and will info you. Unfortunately, at this time it is still a bug with the software and I have included below the PDL(Programmers Development List) number.

Case 11265: [Quote Window] Headline Count Number Disappears when Linked Regional Symbol (=N) is Highlighted

#52     Sep 1, 2005
  3. Aaron

Aaron

I noticed the same eSignal lag in the QM crude contract versus Interactive Brokers quotes. So the problem isn't on Tomcole's end. If eSignal's servers weren't the problem, was eSignal getting late data from the exchange? There were no lags that I noticed in the other charts I had up.

Aaron Schindler
    Schindler Trading

#53     Sep 1, 2005
  4. tomcole

tomcole

Actually it was Qm & QG - then as esig started to catch up, the prices started flashing on esig like a runaway train, then went back to normal - it kinda sucked because for about 20 seconds, I had to think who was wrong - PATs or esig - yeah, it was esig.

How come you esig guys always act like the customer is wrong? Its getting old.

#54     Sep 1, 2005
  5. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

We are certainly not blaming the customer. We are asking that you call in (perferrably while the problem is occuring) so we can troubleshoot. Perhaps you both were connected to a server that was struggling; hard to say without more detail.

Yesterday was a relatively quiet day in Support and if we had wide-spread data issues (especially with the number of people watching oil prices), we would have been flooded with calls, chats and emails. That would further indicate that there's a problem in some part of the chain or related to a certain configuration.

We're here to help.

Thanks.

#55     Sep 1, 2005
  6. tomcole

tomcole

Call in during the problem? Wait patiently on hold to be told to sign off and sign back on? You're kidding right?

I'm sorry if this seems rude, but I was trying to guess who was right and who was wrong, as I had a 10 lot position. I went with esig being wrong, as this problem has occurred before and will, no doubt, occur again.

FYI, some folks I know who use esig, dont bother calling in problems either because they simply dont have the time or need the aggravation.

In a better constructed world, data vendors would monitor their data flow versus price data and make corrections, and COMUNICATE THE ISSUE IN SOME FASHION TO CUSTOMERS and not ask CUSTOMERS to call in and be put on hold.

#56     Sep 1, 2005
  7. I have to agree with you there Tomcole. How hard would it be for esignal to built a program that compares the price difference between say an IB feed and their own, them automatically records and reports the problem in real time.

It all just seems like common sense to me. But then maybe I'm one of these annoying customers that just expects things to work properly.

Runningbear

#57     Sep 1, 2005
  8. omniscient

omniscient Guest

anyone having problems right now? i closed esignal earlier, restarted it a bit later, see that i'm connected, but no chart updating. closed it all down, rebooted, tried it again. still, no updates or backfill. or it will take several minutes per chart. just curious if anyone else was seeing anything similar ...

take care -

omni

#58     Sep 1, 2005
  9. ...i have to agree..as you can see i dont usually post here....but my traders encounter an esignal problems on average every few days...and its never resolved and always the fault of the customer.i have to say they are by far the worst company ive ever had dealings with.we are currnently lookiing into alternatives.thankfully wont be with them for much longer.they will be loosing a fair few accounts from us very soon.joke of a company and amazed any named traders endorse them. cheers mark j

#59     Sep 1, 2005
  10. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

ive had a few conversations via pm with scott (esignal vp).

im a futuresource user (owned by esignal) and have also noticed a severe drop in reliability of what was once (pre esignal) an excellent feed, and outpaced esignal easily interms of speed and reliability when i ran my futuresource side by side folks using esignal.

i should take this opportunity to publicly thank scott for his help, honesty and time in looking into my issues.

the result (and i hope scott doesnt mind me saying this in public) is that esignal are currently stress testing the network while they integrate the futuresource feed and the esignal feed.

apparently futuresource was purchased for its corrections, insertions and deletions (cid's) facility that esignal didnt have. i kind of got the impression that esignal admitted futuresource had the better reliability, but not the best IT infrastructure interms of scalability. im sure scott will correct me if i am wrong here.

so i guess its a 'please bear with us' situation, while we sit here losing money on an unreliable feed.

at the end of the day, its costing me money because i cant get my orders in the right place at the right time, so i will have to leave too.

imho, esignal have a great sales & marketing arm which explains why its such a popular product, but the reliability of the service is lousy. if it were priced in line with q-charts it would be understandable, but for a bit extra, you can get cqg - the king kong of reliability and accuracy!

#60     Sep 2, 2005