Esignal problems !!!!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by gimp570, Apr 18, 2005.

1. ck9

ck9

one more esingal problem:

the clock of the esignal application is behind my ib clock for a few minutes (today 4,5min)
    1)i get times and sales a few minutes late
    2) i don´t get the whole interval chart

it occured for the first time a few weeks ago.
    happens almost every second day
    i am using the standart chart

esignal is migrating into a high priced low quality plattform.
    i am losing my patience....it is a joke to trade under such circumstances...

regards

#41     Aug 12, 2005
  2. ck9

ck9

just found out that my system clock is also off by a few minutes....
    could it be that the esignal application takes the time stamp from my operating system? i apologize....most likely my fault....i will change the time on my operating system and then try it on monday

regards

#42     Aug 12, 2005
  3. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

This may be the result of a server clock issue on our side as the Data Manager will synchronize your system clock to our servers (default setting.) If you could Private Message or email me your eSignal Username, I can track what server(s) you are on to narrow this down further.

#43     Aug 12, 2005
  4. gimp570

gimp570

#44     Sep 1, 2005
  5. This sounds like pretty bad engineering to me! You shouldn't touch a user's clock.

Is it possible for a user to STOP eSignal from interfering with it? Many users have excellent technical means of synchronizing their clocks to prime time standards, much more reliable and sophisticated than anything eSignal has to offer timewise.

Too bad if some users have their clocks off by a couple of minutes. They should have their watch adjusted instead of trading. :)

#45     Sep 1, 2005
  6. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

Inside the DataManager, under Data --> Time, you can uncheck "Synchronize Computer Clock" if you wish eSignal not to synch up your system clock with our servers.

#46     Sep 1, 2005
  7. Thank you JayF, this sounds pretty sensible. Sorry, I overlooked your parethisized "default setting" and got alarmed by what I read.

#47     Sep 1, 2005
  8. tomcole

tomcole

Had a big lag on esignal yesterday when Oil moved down, esignal prices were about 60 seconds behind a price ladder.

Disappointing.

#48     Sep 1, 2005
  9. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

That's a tremendous lag and one that's technically impossible from a system standpoint (i.e. we don't have buffers near large enough to hold a few seconds worth of ticks, let alone 60 seconds) so there must be another technical problem involved.

Please Contact Us directly to troubleshoot.

Thanks.

#49     Sep 1, 2005
  10. gimp570

gimp570

Is anyone working on this......is been months

#50     Sep 1, 2005