Esignal problems !!!!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by gimp570, Apr 18, 2005.

1. gimp570

gimp570

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from JayF_eSignal:

After much investigation we were able to track this down. The problem is occurring only for stocks ending in =N (or some other regional extension,) and revolves around having a quote window linked to an advanced chart. If you have =N type symbols in the quote window and click on them, the Bid/Ask blanks out until the next update comes in. If you turn off the symbol linking in the quote window, the problem goes away.

Our developers are actively working on a fix for this problem. I would expect that this will be resolved in the next version of eSignal (7.9.1 is due out at the end of June.)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any fix to this problem...I am still having it....This has been going on for 4 months now and no one seems to give a hoot at esignal.......you guys said the end of june and we are all still waiting

#31     Jul 5, 2005
  2. gimp570,

The release canidate of 7.9.1 should resolve this issue. Please see the following response from JayF posted on 6/22. Here is the link for the Release Canidate

#32     Jul 5, 2005
  3. ck9

ck9

thanks reg...but unfortunately it is not working for me

regards

#33     Jul 5, 2005
  4. Ck9,

We've gone through various markets on the Standard Charts and the daily bar is present in all cases. If possible, could you please Private Message me your eSignal username so we can look at the server connections for your account and rule out any backend issues. Thanks.

#34     Jul 5, 2005
  5. ck9

ck9

yesterday i sent you a pm with my customer number......have you tracked down the problem?

#35     Jul 6, 2005
  6. Ck9,

I've replied to your message via PM. Please let me if the instructions included resolve the issue, if not, we will be in contact to help get this corrected for you. Thanks.

#36     Jul 6, 2005
  7. gimp570

gimp570

Well I am using 7.9.1 and it did fix the problem of the quotes disapearing but now the same thing happens with the news number!! is this going to be fixed???

#37     Jul 12, 2005
  8. Hi gimp570,

I have downloaded and installed our latest version of esignal 7.9.1(build732) and have tested a few symbols with the =N and apparently do not see the news headline count disappear nor the bid or ask data. If your not running the same version or the latest build, please feel free to download and install the latest version. This should fix the problem.

#38     Jul 13, 2005
  9. gimp570

gimp570

Well i have downloaded 7.9.1 and when I type a NYSE symbol that is linked to a advanced chart...the News number flashes for less then a second then is disappears until either a trade goes off or the quote is updated

Is this going to be fixed?...I have not been able to use an advanced chart for 5 months.....

#39     Jul 22, 2005
  10. Hi gimp570,

I was able to duplicate the same issue. The bid/ask data seems to be ok now, but when a quote window is linked to an interval advanced chart is when the headline count disappears. Works fine on a daily chart, but a bug with the interval chart. I have forwarded the issue to our programmers and will notify you as soon as I get a reply on this issue.

I do apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience with this issue.

Thank You

#40     Jul 22, 2005