Esignal outage

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by swinger, May 11, 2006.

1. nassau

nassau

our whole office is down..usually a few might go down and other servers pick up but not today.
    also received a message from esiganal stating can't connect to data base?

100dollars a month per station with this continual bs is bs.

w

#51     May 11, 2006
  2. Sure I would appreciate a little help. Rigth now i'm thinking I'll just get CQG. Will that solve the problem?

#52     May 11, 2006
  3. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

We have repointed many of the connections to our back-up centers "co-locations", and last sale data is beginning to flow through those locations. If you are receiving last sale data, we suggest not trying to restart eSignal until further notice (i.e. once everything is stabilized.)

Our two primary data centers continue to be affected by the DoS attack, and our network engineering staff continue to put full attention on the matter.

#53     May 11, 2006
  4. Hi Steve,

Yes those are good points... I have a backup service but I think complaining is important when a large company does not based their buisness model on a strategy of quality but on strategy of volume and monopolistic tactics.. (buying out quote.com and futures source instead of making a better product)...

<b>If esignal want to give themselves a $600,000 unearned profit i think its important to speak up... </b>

55,000 subscribes X $1.00 X 12 months
    = $600K +...

thanks...

cj...

:mad:

If You Have The Vision We Have The Code

#54     May 11, 2006
  5. jtmarlin

jtmarlin

maybe with that extra 2 bucks a month they can buy a firewall...

#55     May 11, 2006
  6. Agreed, shame only a few people understand this :D

Owell, eSignal will raise rates to compensate all the customers they just lost with this screw up.

I just love it :p We get screwed to the max and eSignal makes free money, good job eSignal.

#56     May 11, 2006
  7. mamba

mamba

my e-signal just came back on (1330 EST)

#57     May 11, 2006
  8. ... rotflmao...

:D

#58     May 11, 2006
  9. jtmarlin

jtmarlin

this is what u get when you farm out your IT department overseas - crappy software - crappy infrastructure - ha!ha! - serves em right :)

#59     May 11, 2006

10. dude, they are not a monopoly. you don't like them, switch to the competition. if you do like them and plan to stay with them after all, then i am not saying you shouldn't criticize them, but try to be more constructive about it.

#60     May 11, 2006