Esignal outage

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by swinger, May 11, 2006.

1. What's your suggestion Big Daddy?

#41     May 11, 2006
  2. So, mr. eSignal rep, any estimate on when it will be working again?

#42     May 11, 2006
  3. Does anyone have any first-hand experience with the MyTrack datafeed?

I demoed it a few weeks ago w/SierraCharts and it seemed fine, at least for futures (YM, ER2, ES, etc). The idea was for esignal backup. Obviously, I didn't do it. :mad:

First-hand RT user comments welcome.

Thanks

Osorico

#43     May 11, 2006
  4. Do you mean to tell me you guys bitching don't have a backup chart vendor? Shit like this happens. It sucks, but we're using an inexpensive internet based chart vendor. You think the pro traders log into Esignal via their DSL/cable modem from their laptops or PC's like we do? Yea, sure...

If you don't have a backup vendor for cases just like this, you're nuts. Run your trading like a business, not a hobby.

I'm not defending Esignal. They should have something in place to ensure CM*.esignal.Com isn't the only place the connection manager can seek out a data feed. Because a DOS on that address will screw things. But still, this isn't some mom and pop shop chart vendor. They should do better.

But for you to only have one chart vendor and worse, one broker, one internet access, one trading PC/laptop etc. is CRAZY! Have two of everything and shit like this won't matter.

Oh, and they raised our rates a DOLLAR. You're seriously bitching about a DOLLAR? :p

#44     May 11, 2006
  5. Dude lay it on me whiuch one do you use?

#45     May 11, 2006
  6. Josh009

Josh009

my quote windows are working, but no time & sales or charts.

Any ETA, esignal?

#46     May 11, 2006
  7. Awww, just as well, I'd probably give back a fair portion of my profits if given the opportunity.

#47     May 11, 2006
  8. Just got mine back, I like esignal.

#48     May 11, 2006
  9. Josh009

Josh009

where are you located?

#49     May 11, 2006
  10. Is that directed at me Slackeral?

#50     May 11, 2006