Esignal outage

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by swinger, May 11, 2006.

1. bobsans

bobsans

Ok, friends, let's ease off and relax. It's over. We survived, and, for all the good that it did, they could have been off during that dismal Friday as well.

#171     May 13, 2006
  2. nevadan

nevadan

FWIW: I am a former esignal user. As of the last Fed meeting announcement of 2005 when the usual data failure associated with fast markets occurred I switched to CQG. On this particular occasion esignal was 2+ minutes behind the market. I know this because I was using Ffastfill as a frontend on another computer (same DSL connection @2.5Mb) and had it to compare with. This is not an unusual situation in my experience with esignal. I finally got a belly full.

Result? Since January I have experienced one outage of any significance ( a couple of minutes). There are from time to time alert messages that inform me that no data is being received which last for a few seconds (pretty keen I think, a message that something is amiss) but these are rare. As an additional bonus my CPU utilization has gone from an average of 85% (frequently would lock on 100% with esignal) to an average of 35%. This basically using the same number of charts and indicators. To be fair I must say I was using Neoticker with esignal for data which probably caused more CPU usage (great software by the way), this with 4CPU 2.4Ghz processor and 2G RAM.

huh? For anyone trying to scalp a market, what is the single most important tool? I'd say reliable data. How expensive is it to trade charts that are not real time?

So that is my two cents worth. I am a happy camper now as far as data goes. It is worth the extra money just for the peace of mind during the trading day.

#172     May 13, 2006
  3. chud

chud

From the message on esignalcentral: "While this issue was serious and affected many clients attempting to connect, fortunately, many other clients were unaffected due to eSignal's extensive redundancy and fault-tolerant network architecture."

Huh? Do you know anybody who didn't experience an outage with esignal at that time? Every person in my office was out.

#173     May 13, 2006
  4. Those bastards.... always trying to make themselves look innocent, so basically, the ones that had an outage were basically the ones that didn't have the best possible backup solution.

I'm paying more and don't have reliable backup from them.

What BS they always spoon feed us.

eSiganl... oh eSignal, how you screw your customers, and how come many still support you is beyond me.

It's hilarious though.

#174     May 13, 2006
  5. Been down twice in my 3 years, you girls need some cheese and crackers with all that whine?

#175     May 13, 2006