Esignal or Realtick

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bpatrick, Oct 21, 2005.

1. About six seconds for NYSE TICK update--join the exchange if it really matters that much. I use NYSE TICK from realtick and see no problem with every six second but 1) i am not automated and 2) i don't take steroids.

#21     Oct 27, 2005
  2. ER9

ER9

Iv'e been real happy with eSignal. I have yet to wait more than a day for a reply to a problem and the data feed has been excellent. I wish i have used Real Tick to compare it to but have not.

I would also suggest the trial.

#22     Oct 27, 2005
  3. You may want to try Realtick. Any problem gets taken care of on the spot now. I think Realtick wised up and decided they don't want to be compared to the Utah company and looked upon as less than willing to continue with data after the Archipelago merger. Last year and in prior years you would call and speak to Joe Highschool who would say we are reporting the problem to so and so. This year spikes are fixed on the spot. I've only had to call them a handful of times and after telling Joe Goldberg that i can forward to him the list of symbols i track and trade and he can personally monitor and fix spikes they decided to keep me as a customer and get on that issue. Go figure.

#23     Oct 27, 2005
  4. Both eSignal and RealTick are excellent data feeds.

They are serving different trading communities in general and although their services overlap, they target audience do not really overlap.

eSignal at the moment provide longer historical data and more international exchanges for retail customers.

That does not affect RealTick users who are very focus in extremely detail level2 streaming data that provides the extra info that no other feeds provide.

#24     Oct 27, 2005
  5. thanks --- 1) that is what i thought 2) and i don't write checks that my account can't handle.

#25     Oct 27, 2005
  6. YW

Great. I will sleep better knowing this.

#26     Oct 27, 2005
  7. and i will sleep much better knowing that you are not a steroid user. :D apparently that will not reduce the size of your assets but it will reduce the value of your jewels --- HAHAHAHAHA! :D

#27     Oct 27, 2005
  8. LOL. We will both sleep well. :)

#28     Oct 28, 2005