Esignal or Realtick

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bpatrick, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Chagi

Chagi

If you are looking for charting and data, I would strongly suggest considering QuoteTracker + a third party feed (such as IQFeed).

I've been using the two products together for roughly a month now, and have only minor complaints. One is that QuoteTracker does not (yet) have integrated historical daily charting for longer time periods (the current integration just uses web charts from Prophet and BigCharts). IQFeed also seems to have some glitches with their backfill at time, i.e. backfill is sometimes spotty late at night.

Anyways, minor complaints aside, the bang for the buck of using these products together is exceptional, you can be looking at equities streaming + very good charting for $40-$50 month.

#11     Oct 26, 2005
  2. Catoosa

Catoosa

RealTick has worked great for me for years.

#12     Oct 26, 2005
  3. For retail:

Medved plus IB

For leverage...good rates...executions NASDAQ

GENESIS

Medved: Excellent Charts...People...Awesome !!!!

Works with a number of vendors.......

...............................................................................

#13     Oct 26, 2005
  4. Very well explained. All eSignal so-called advance charting comes
    with no analytical tools. Esignal is nothing more than just a data feed.

Tradestation with 3rd party data as backup is the best solution
    to go

#14     Oct 26, 2005
  5. I gave E-Signal a shot a few years back and for some unknown reason that E-Signal techs were unable to troubleshoot, I was unable to obtain quotes in the SPX and ES for more than 5-6 minutes before the feed stopped updating . . . and all of this happened even though I am incredibly close to their corporate headquarters and server farm.

In any event, I am currently using RealTick.
    It comes with a host of technical analysis tools and has some incredibly quick NYSE executions should you use it to trade with as well.

#15     Oct 26, 2005
  6. realtick now for 5 + years, has not been the worst, but certainly had times when i thought of switching. Now its working fine, but it did get buggy quite a few times last year.
    great order entry, great hot keys, great interface
    slow data once and awhile (1 time a month maybe)
    great routes

#16     Oct 26, 2005
  7. definitely Realtick. I have been a customer for over 5 years and aside the fiasco they had last year it has been a pleasure. Lately, the platform is working very well for me. I used Esignal in the late 90's and found the people to be less than capable along with limiting software factors too great to list. Realtick support has mixed reviews but i have been fortunate to have every problem fixed except for 2 that took forever (years) to fix; volume for weekly and monthly charts would spike 3-10 fold at mid day. I almost had stuart and margwen whacked. :D

#17     Oct 26, 2005
  8. Realtick still top dog IMO. I think I have litterally tried every software on the street and nobody has pulled their head out yet. Kind of sad IMO LOL. I may just start designing software soon :)

#18     Oct 26, 2005
  9. What kind of dog, male or female?

Realtick not recommended.
    Tradestation Rocks

#19     Oct 26, 2005
  10. Realtick users --- what is the NYSE TICK market breadth indicator "refresh" rate with Realtick {6 seconds with Esignal --- every 6 seconds the TICK refreshes with the new value as computed}?

could you time that for me and let me know --- trying to see what the reality is compared to what the Realtick sales people say it is --- thanks! :D

#20     Oct 26, 2005