eSignal OnDemand Mini Futures

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Chuck_T, Jun 9, 2009.

1. wata

wata

Is it correct that time and sales is not included with package.If so can this be added and what is the added cost

thanks

wata

#21     Oct 14, 2009
  2. maxpi

maxpi

The price is really right on that product... no exchange fees is good. I have some software that has more functionality with esignal than other feeds, I could use this maybe... so, mini futures have a realtime tick by tick data stream and stocks have a packet every minute of tick data?

#22     Oct 14, 2009
  3. joe4422

joe4422

Here's my experience with esignal in general =

good, but always confusing.

Seriously, you have to study the pricing plan for weeks before it makes sense, and then it always creates more questions that it answers. I thought on demand had a 15 minute delay.

#23     Oct 15, 2009
  4. maxpi

maxpi

Essentially, you have to trial it to find out what it will do.. and I had a glitch in the sign up procedure!! Email doesn't work so far, I suppose that the thing to do is get on the phone if and when I think I might need it... right now I just am curious about it and want to note what it does in the case I ever need it... I have a huge database on all the softwares and data feeds and I'm populating it more and more every day, it's amazing the nuances between softwares and the gotcha's in most of the products..

#24     Oct 15, 2009
  5. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

#25     Oct 15, 2009
  6. wata

wata

Called Esignal time and sales not part of the package.

#26     Oct 17, 2009
  7. My experience with eSignal is the same as yours: Useable, but confusing. And overpriced.

Why is it confusing? I don't know. Probably they're just as much confused as we are. They don't seem to realize that whenever we're confused, the confused mind always says 'no'.

eSignal is just a middleman that makes things look complex and pricey by packaging and re-packaging three items: 1 ) Market data (which is a 3rd party service, not a product), 2 ) The charting software (which is a product, not a service), and 3 ) Exchange fees and taxes (which are not products but 3rd party services).

Yes, thanks to eSignal, we have no choice but study their pricing plan for many weeks before it makes sense to us. And yes, even then, it always creates more questions that it answers. For example, I thought the so called and confusing "On-demand" product -- which is mostly an intangible service, not a product -- had a one-minute delay.

Why should anyone pay eSignal $45 per month, every month? On the surface, this $45 per month price does not appear to be unreasonable for that product. -- And yes, they did the right thing when they waived the "exchange fee", because had they included the "exchange fee", they would've priced themselves out of the market!

However...
    1 ) When you've got one or more brokers that give you free (or free after 10 trades) streaming, real-time market data directly from the CME, then the price of eSignal is definitely WAY TOO MUCH!

2 ) When you've got access to other (free) charting software that is just as good as eSignal's, then the price of eSignal is definitely WAY TOO MUCH!

3 ) And when you've got one or more brokers that waive any "exchange fees" imposed by the CME and all other exchanges, then the price of eSignal is definitely WAY TOO MUCH!

I hope this helps.

P.S.: They use this thread to push their products which they sell by announcing them here. In other words, they spam here, too. Just to answer my questions? Really? I didn't have a question! Really.

#27     Oct 20, 2009
  8. maxpi

maxpi

Some software packages don't manage the IB API well enough to backfill data. It's doable, I have one currently that I just asked to get 15 days of tick data from IB and it did it in about a minute.. I trialed [and bought one even] other software and they all make excuses about IB's data provision but it's not IB, it's the software developers...

If I needed more history it's all of $12 for a month's worth of Bid /Ask on an index future from CQG... my systems might produce a thousand trades in a month, all the data I could ever use would not cost much and would be better than trade-only data from the typical provider for backtests that only go back so far, I can pick months with different market conditions......

#28     Oct 20, 2009
  9. joe4422

joe4422

You can get 2 years of historical tick data for the ES for 10 bucks a month with E signal, and I think it goes about 10 for stocks.

#29     Oct 24, 2009
  10. joe4422

joe4422

I thought E signal was the most dependable quote service? Think or swim for example gets dead wrong sometimes. Their TRIN and TRINQ are always wrong, they freeze up, and get weird ticks on the SPY.

#30     Oct 24, 2009