eSignal OnDemand Mini Futures

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Chuck_T, Jun 9, 2009.

1. I don't mined marketing but I despise "misleading" marketing tactics

#11     Aug 16, 2009
  2. akeserla

akeserla

I dont think Lightspeed is supported.. any plans to support lightspeed with the ondemand version.

#12     Aug 21, 2009
  3. What is the difference between on-demand (stocks and futures) and on-demand -mini futures?

Tx.

#13     Aug 30, 2009
  4. the difference is futures is real-time but stocks are delayed.

This is very confusing, they should name the mini futures ondemand something like mini futures real-time

#14     Aug 30, 2009
  5. OK thanks! Another question, does that mean with the first package (on-demand) there are no exchange fees?

#15     Aug 30, 2009
  6. You said it, college_trad3r!

They're pretty good about creating confusion. For example:

1 ) They say it's "eSignal OnDemand Stocks Futures" for $24.95/mo. Then, right under it they say it's "eSignal OnDemand Stocks Futures MiniFutures" for $44.95/mo. Now is it $44.95 or 24.95?

2 ) They seem to be unaware that MiniFutures are also Futures.

3 ) They say the data is "real time" OR "delayed" OR "delayed by 1-minute" Now, which is it?

4 ) They say there are "additional charges". What are they? CME "exchange fee"? Any "other" fees? It's unclear what plan includes what fees. They sure have a large collection of "other" add-on fees! And, then, if you live in Australia or the EU, then they have even more add-on fees!

5 ) Then they say "end-of-day data" when it's not end-of-day data we want. Then they say it's "delayed snapshot data". Now is it "end-of-day" or "delayed snapshot data" or "real time data"?

6 ) The "30-day trial" is also confusimg because it's not a free trial but a "30-day money-back guarantee". Because a ) you have to pre-pay them, and b ) because you may never see your money again.

#16     Oct 12, 2009
  7. It sounds like they don't know what the hell they're doing ... are you sure you want to spend your time and money on what is going to turn out to be just another gimmick to get noobs into the market?

#17     Oct 12, 2009
  8. maxpi

maxpi

I was just looking at this product recently. They have minute granularity delayed data, it's not delayed a minute.. they have no tick history, which is what I was looking for, but they do have the minute history going back a month or something...

I think they are perhaps as confused as their site really.. I tried to take one of those 30 day trials, so I was a customer once, so I can't get a free trial because my name is in the database, so I email their support about a week ago telling them I was a customer about ten years ago but I'd like a free trial and never heard from them yet... jeez, I've already signed up with the competition and am up and running way faster than they can respond to an email.... assuming they are going to respond...

#18     Oct 12, 2009
  9. joe4422

joe4422

If you get the normal esignal you can get more than two years of minute based history on the minis. Just have to figure out how to use it, that's the hard part. You get more than 10 years with stocks. Again, the hard part is figuring out how to use it. Can we ask technical questions on here? That would be awesome.

#19     Oct 12, 2009
  10. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

Thank you all for the interest in this product. Here's some further information to hopefully clear up any questions that you have:

eSignal OnDemand (@ $24.95) is a product designed for an end-of-day trader with the added benefit of having charts down to a 1-minute interval and access to nearly all of eSignal's features.

The base package comes with all the stocks and futures exchanges for one region (America's, Europe or Asia/Pac) as well as eSignal's most popular features (Advanced Charts, EFS, Backtesting.)

The data comes through delayed snapshot. Meaning the data you see is delayed, and updates automatically once per minute.

There are various add-on packages also available to customize the product further:

All Regions: (+ $10 / month) Provides access to all exchanges instead of just 1 region.

Mini-Futures: (+ $20 / month) Provides a full real-time, streaming feed for CME E-Mini futures without any exchange fees. Requires a funded account with an integrated trading partner, and you need to login once a month with the plugin to maintain.

Forex: (+ $20 / month) Provides a full real-time, streaming feed for one Forex contributor at a time.

A full comparison between eSignal Premier and eSignal OnDemand can be found at:
    http://www.esignal.com/ondemand/features.aspx

Hope that helps!

#20     Oct 13, 2009