eSignal OnDemand - Forex

Discussion in 'Forex' started by JayF_eSignal, Mar 26, 2009.

1. i got on-demand for stocks, but HOW do i zoom out of my charts?..the thing is grayed out and wont let me click on it?...wtf?

is there something im not seeing here?

thanks

#11     Jun 7, 2009
  2. Are there exchanges for Forex?

#12     Jun 7, 2009
  3. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

cashmoney,

There's a few different ways to do it. The first is to grab the x-axis of the chart and drag it to the right. This will compress the bars and effectively zoom out. You can do the same in the body of the chart to scroll left or right.

In addition, there's a "Decrease Bar Spacing" button on the toolbar that allows you to do the same thing. Alternatively, you could map it to a keyboard command under the Tools menu if that's more your style.

eSignal has lots of ways to customize its use. Just need to dig a bit... head on over to the KnowledgeBase for plenty of articles on eSignal's usage.

http://www.esignalcentral.com/support/kb/esignal/

#13     Jun 8, 2009
  4. thanks i got that. One more q. I like to use a FULL stochastics and macd-histogram...the stochastics thats on there is real choppy and i could smoothe it out by changing the settings, but i dont want to do that. are these indicators not available

thanks

#14     Jun 8, 2009
  5. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

I'm unsure what you mean by "full stochastic and MACD-histogram" but it sounds like you want a less choppy version of the stochastic. To achieve that you'd edit the second %K entry in the Edit Studies to smooth out the stoch.

By default, the Stochastic in eSignal is a "Fast Stochastic" with a 14,1,3 setting. A "Slow Stochastic" is a 14,3,3... so just change the second %K to 3 and that may be what you are looking for.

If this is not, please clarify what your needs are, and we'll try to help out.

#15     Jun 8, 2009
  6. 04-25-09 11:49 PM

>Chuck T/Jay F

A few months ago it was said that you were working on adding eSignal OnDemand data to eSignal Premier. Until such a time that joining the two becomes technically workable, could you consider giving eSignal Premier customers an extended or renewable free trial for eSignal OnDemand?

04-26-09 03:04 AM

Hi learner2007,

We have things almost in place to make the happen and hope to release it on the next version. That will be a nice addition for all eSignal users.

Chuck
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been 3 years since the above was in the works. Was it scrapped? Even though most of such data is now available for free from various sources, it would still be nice to have it along with real time data under one roof in eSignal Premier.

#16     Jun 14, 2012