Esignal "not responding" and freezes

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Pirate Yarr, Sep 16, 2008.

1. cokezero

cokezero

Scott,

I'm only using the data manager and not the esignal charting. I think I'm using version 10 (not even 10.1).

Would upgrading to 10.1 or 10.2 benefit me in this case? I didn't upgrade because I've been thinking all the multithreaded upgrades are charting related and have nothing to do with the data manager.

Please advise. Thanks!

#11     Sep 28, 2008
  2. Manni

Manni

I'm on 10.1 and last week was a nightmare as it would start to lag whenever volume picked up in the market. This happened nearly every day and i cant trust the data anymore whenever volume picks up in the market.

I'm now looking at other vendors.

#12     Sep 28, 2008
  3. joe2700

joe2700

I agree with Manni. I'm sick and tired of Esignal freezing everytime there is a surge in volume, especially when I'm paying $165 a month for it.

#13     Sep 29, 2008
  4. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Manni and Joe2700,

There are a number of factors involved with how the desktop performs. This article highlights many of them:

http://kb.esignalcentral.com/article.asp?article=1639&p=1

If you've already talked to one of our Technical Support reps and haven't seen an improvement, please give our Service Management team another opportunity to address the problem.

Go to our Contact us page and scroll to the bottom to the Customer Care section. Your email will go directly to the Mgmt team.

http://www.esignalcentral.com/support/contact/default.asp

Thank you.

#14     Sep 29, 2008

5. I had a similar problem.

It turned out it was the multiple EFS's I was running per chart. So Once I coded these into 1 or 2 EFS's everything was fine.

#15     Sep 29, 2008
  6. tallpaw

tallpaw

Anybody getting big time lags and freezes today on ESignal? I am still on 8.0. Want to know if anybody has switched to 10.2 and is still getting these problems?

#16     Oct 10, 2008
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

yes...

#17     Oct 10, 2008
  8. A couple times but considering what is happening, I'm not surprised. Plus the freezes only last several seconds. I think its to be expected with these kinds of moves and unprecedented volitility

btw am using 10.1

#18     Oct 10, 2008
  9. I was on 10.1 and have recently moved to 10.2 and was very happy with each move. 10.1 was a huge difference and greatly improved my performance, and 10.2 was a little bit better still. I have to say that I too had 1 or 2 freezes, but it was more like a hiccup instead of a freeze. it was not more than a second or 2 each time and have to believe that the record volumes and periods of spiking data rates were the real problem.

With these unbelievable volumes, I'm glad I moved to the latest release and that esignal has stepped up and done a great job improving the product. I was worried last year, but feel confident that they are finally going to continue to move in the right direction.

Cheers,

Paul

#19     Oct 10, 2008
  10. I have been an esignal customer for years and truly love the charts, but the unreliability has become a nightmare. I trade only the ES and anytime there is any kind of volume my charts will lag, freeze, etc. I have been on the phone with esignal support and have spoken with managers etc. I have been told everything from it is my computer to it is the indicators on my charts.

I have now moved on to researching other software packages and ran ninja with dtniq on Friday side by side with esignal. Ninja didn't miss a tick and Esignal froze, lagged etc. many times throughout the day. I am running version 10.2 and honestly haven 't seen any kind of improvement.

I certainly hope this is resolved. Many, many traders I work with who have esignal are fed up and ready to leave esignal.

#20     Oct 11, 2008