Esignal not consistently applying dividends

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by lescor, Feb 1, 2006.

1. lescor

lescor

This is pissin' me off because data vendors should get something as basic as a dividend correct.

Today's example.

AA closed yesterday at 31.50 on nyse (AA=N). It paid a .15 cent dividend that went ex today. Today esignal shows the previous close as 31.35, already adjusted for the dividend.

WY closed yesterday at 69.76 and went ex-dividend today for .50. However esignal shows the previous close as 69.76, NOT adjusted for the dividend.

Pick a way to do it and do it consistently. My spreadsheets are off and now I don't know if past stats are correct because of this issue. Data integrity is the main reason I pay the high cost of esignal, I hope they address this problem and fix it.

2. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

lescor,

Our apologies for the error. We have adjusted the previous close for the ex-dividend, and are investigating why WY was this was not done automatically at the appropriate time. Corrective action will be taken as necessary.

3. alanm

alanm

FWIW, myTrack occasionally does the same thing. For some reason, the don't automate the process, and the "database" people adjust the previous closes _manually_ sometime around 07:00 on the ex-date, and occasionally do it twice or not at all. It's particularly painful when they miss splits or special distributions.

I long ago realized I have to get EOD quotes from multiple sources and compare them before doing anything :(

4. lescor

lescor

Today C is incorrect. Closed at 46.33, went ex today for .49, but C=N is showing previous close still at 46.33

Other symbols that are ex-div today have accounted for it properly.

I'm wondering how this could be missed? Do you have people who manually make these changes and someone just missed it?

thx

5. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

This is an automated process. Citi will be corrected shortly, and our engineers continue to look into why this was missed.