eSignal - new versions.

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Chuck_T, Jan 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

We are absolutely prepared to quickly attract thousands of new customers. Over the past 2 years, we've dedicated the majority of our internal resources to network infrastructure and we carefully and diligently adhere to our model. We are operating well below 50% at the moment and can quickly add servers and circuits if ever needed. That's another reason we're so excited about the charting; we know we have the horse power to handle thousands of more customers, fairly easily!

Thanks

#31     Jan 9, 2002
  2. eSignal_Support: In terms of setting up a user forum, anyone care to comment on the pros/cons of the various forums currently out there? Before we decide on a specific type of community forum, I'd love to hear feedback from users.

Yahoo eGroups work fairly well. Yahoo Clubs are very slow.

There is already a Yahoo eGroup names "eSignal", and I'm sure that the owners would be delighted to let you have it or at least support it.

#32     Jan 9, 2002
  3. Lancer

Lancer

Scott J,

re: To most of your questions, the answer is yes . .

Then it sounds real promising. We'll see.

Correction/clarification re. changing line colors: Just checked. You CAN'T change a line's color in the current version of eSignal. You can change the color of all lines as a chart element ("Trend Lines", in general), but you can't change the color of any individual line to make it different from other lines.

#33     Jan 10, 2002
  4. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

In some cases, that's true, you can't change the color of each single line. In other cases, you can. For ex, if you add a moving average to your chart. You can select a 50 period avg and make that line green. You can then add another, say 100 period avg, and make that blue, etc.

Either way, customization will take a major step forward in the new release. :)

Thanks,

#34     Jan 10, 2002
  5. Scott J.,

Any plan to broaden eSignal's Asian market coverage? Many friends agree that the past 1+ year eSignal improves significantly its data quality and stability. Along with 3rd parties such as TS4/TS2000i, NeoTicker, OptionVue, etc., eSignal has achieved a level of usefulness. Our common complaints, and the very reason many others not to choose eSignal, is lack of Asian markets coverage, except SGX-DT (was SIMEX).

I think it's the most resource-economic and strategically advantageous investment for eSignal to cover Asia's major futures & options markets: HK's Hang Seng Index, Korea's Kospi200 futures & options, Taiwan's index futures, together with currently available SGX-DT, with quality data delivery, it's almost destined to "quickly attract thousands of new customers".

Note that this area is less competitive in datafeeds with int'l coverage, while in a time zone completely complement to US trading hours. eSignal can utilize its "night" data server capacity and staff to support this business. So...

#35     Jan 10, 2002
  6. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Yes! We started with European stock data but with the assistance of our sister operations in Asia and Australia, we plan to keep adding to the breadth of our eSignal content. No ETA as of yet but you'll certainly see word on our progress in this area this year. We agree that there's a good deal of opportunity out there.

Thanks

#36     Jan 10, 2002
  7. trader99

trader99

CHuckT:

I got a question about eSignal. Currently, I'm using Tradestation 6 and it doesn't ahve this functionality. If the latest ver of eSignal has it then I'm more than ready to switch over.

And I was wondering if you guys can do "partial graphs"?

Let's say you want to see the various technical indicators and stock prices as they appeared in real-time up a certain point only or over a certain intraday time interval?

Example:

EBAY from 9:30am to 12:noon and all the indicator values like MA, MACD, RSI,etc. calculate up to that point only and not more?

The reason I want that is because I trade intraday. And I want to know if I would have traded at those values as I would have seen them in real-time. Not at the end of the day when the values are recalculated over an ENTIRE day's worth of values.

Secondly, it seems that TS6 only offers a lookback of 1 day? What I want is just that 1 day calculations. Not even looking back... True, intraday values...

Can eSiginal do these things?

thanks,

trader99

#37     Jan 10, 2002
  8. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

Trader99,

Right off, I'm not aware of any program that does partial graphs like you are asking about.

Chuck

#38     Jan 12, 2002
  9. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

#39     Jan 12, 2002
  10. wild

wild

#40     Jan 12, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.