eSignal New Problems

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by gr8stock, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Now, that's funny. I strongly suspect that in 95% of all cases it's not the client computers performance which is the cause of lagging data, but eSignal's servers and/or software.

Receiving data and displaying them in 2D-Charts is not rocket science and does NOT require a vast amount of computing power. This is even true for very active markets. There may be exceptions if displaying a large number of symbols, but that's not the case with me.

Every time I experienced lagging data, neither the availaible performance of my computer nor the available bandwith were utilized anywhere near 100%. But of course, it's much easier to simply state that lagging data is the customer's fault...

Still, eSignal is not that bad. In fact, for the price it's quite ok. But eSignal should refrain from giving their customers the fault for their own shortcomings and work on their equipment and software.

And, yes: What's about the promised 6 months (yes, it was 6 months, not only 30 days) of intraday data? Still waiting for that.

#21     Feb 5, 2009
  2. I agree it is still the best value for the dollar but I still feel we are being held hostage because of that value.

7 to 10 days (maximum) of historic data is a huge, absolutely huge inconvenience. I'm handcuffed to a computer, weekly, just so I can insure my data is constant and up-to-date. 30 days of historic data would be a God send.

I understand the integration of QCharts customers had a play on why the data was backed down from 30 days in the first place but there is absolutely no reason why it shouldn't have been fixed by now. The first completion date was August of 2008 and then January of 2009 and now I simply can't get an answer.

#22     Feb 5, 2009
  3. Of course I meant 'intraday TICK data'...

#23     Feb 5, 2009
  4. I nominate this as the "Trading Software" post of the Year!
    In my opinion, it speaks the TRUTH.

Shame on E-Signal for even trying to suggest that customers need to upgrade to a Quad-core "i7" processor.

#24     Feb 5, 2009
  5. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

#25     Feb 5, 2009
  6. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

Prof,

Just as an FYI, we've started to roll out the extended intraday data to QCharts customers that supports 10 years of 1-minute bar data and 1 year of tick data. We are planning on making eSignal compatible with this new database within the next few versions of the product.

#26     Feb 5, 2009
  7. For God's sake man . . . make it sooner than later!!!

PLEASE . . . PRETTY PLEASE . . . PRETTY PLEASE WITH TICK DATA ON IT!!

:D :D :D

#27     Feb 5, 2009
  8. NKNY

NKNY

Curious which one is more stable these days' s qcharts or esignal..

Nick

#28     Feb 17, 2009