Esignal massively lagging today

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by opm8, Dec 13, 2005.

1. X10

X10

:(

This is far from being a one off problem for esignal. I have seen similar problems on many occasions in ES and AB. I have been told NQ was affected today as well.

The precondition is a high volume market (that seems to be the only thing necessary to cause problems for the esignal system).

The symptoms are:

(1) a relatively short period (no more than a few minutes) of wildly oscillating bad data, where 1 trade can appear to be at a price 10 or more ticks from the last, although the real market is behaving normally.

(2) An extended period (up to an hour or so today) of gradually reducing lag in the esignal data. In the earlier part of this period today, the esignal data was wrong by about 15 ticks in AB (1.5 points). This reduced to being merely a few ticks wrong later on.

esignal has seen this problem occur many times and has not fixed the cause. It is up to customers or potential customers to decide whether this is good enough or not. I for one, am not happy with a $10 refund when it happens

#31     Dec 13, 2005
  2. mokwit

mokwit

There is a MP/Price vol add in (dll) dowmloadable for Sierra compliemts of Kiwi (thx Kiwi!) and also there is now a T&S dll compliments of DE_Trader.

QT has volume profiles (as does ensign). I mainly use TS2K for Price/Volume profiles driven by IB feed.

Riskarb, BBG data can be fed into TS2K, TS8 and also Sierra via 3rd party connectors that use the BBG DDE link.

#32     Dec 13, 2005
  3. Can you please tell me what BBG data is?

Thank you

#33     Dec 13, 2005
  4. mokwit

mokwit

BBG = Bloomberg

#34     Dec 13, 2005
  5. Steveyd

Steveyd

What really makes this bad is the fact that there is no indication that the quotes are wrong or lagging. The product can not really be called real-time quotes when you never know exactly how far behind real-time you are.

#35     Dec 13, 2005
  6. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

lol.

heres $10 in compensation for the $1000 you missed out on today cos of lousy software that doesnt work when demand for data(high volumes) is at its greatest.

interesting that f-signal reps arent crawling over this thread with their usual pathetic excuses like 'we cant be bothered with a usp'

guess theve given up on defending their lame service. cant blame them for that.

maybe everyone should go on to the f-signal review section and tell everyone what you think - do a good turn and save other traders a load of grief.....

http://www.elitetrader.com/so/?action=view&SR_ProductID=5

#36     Dec 14, 2005
  7. opm8

opm8

NOthing's changed! Same crap all over again. WAKE THE HELL UP ESIGNAL!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

#37     Dec 14, 2005
  8. again, second day in a row eSignal lagging... last week connectivity problems... busy phone signal on technical support ... what a company!!!

#38     Dec 14, 2005
  9. jasper6

jasper6

Now that I have the refund for the balance of my canceled annual contract with ESignal safely in the bank, I can say I am now a happy user of Ensign/IB. Saving $80/month just makes me feel that much better.

Goodbye, ESignal!

#39     Jan 23, 2006