Esignal massively lagging today

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by opm8, Dec 13, 2005.

1. eSignal's performance is quite disappointing today. This on top of the newly announced $3 "administration" charge. There was another thread about this charge, and I did not see what the fuss was all about. It is a company's prerogative to charge as it pleases and for its customers to respond as they please. Besides, $3 is a fairly inconsequential sum. However, when I called their billing department for clarification, I was advised that it would be added to my bill even though I have a prepaid subscription! The explanation was that my subscription rate remains the same, but this is something else. Talk about using the back door! Very disingenuous. I am not impressed.

#21     Dec 13, 2005
  2. Btw (now the dust has settled and have a moment to post) today's Esignal fiasco seemed to be for GLOBEX markets (ES, ER etc).

CBOT markets (YM, bonds) seemed to work OK after FMOC.

I'm also looking to replace Esignal next year.

#22     Dec 13, 2005
  3. jasper6

jasper6

Let 'em know how you feel!

"If we fail to respond in a timely manner or you feel your issue requires a supervisor's assistance to resolve, please email csmanager@mail.esignal.com We are
    here to help!"

#23     Dec 13, 2005

4. If TradeStation ever decides to address their data feed issues, eSignal is going to be in deep doo-doo. Regardless of what eSignal wishes to believe, their charting is anything but "advanced." IOW, basic charting package with absymal feed, coupled with poor service, and backed by bad attitude. Not exactly the perfect recipe for success. :)

s

#24     Dec 13, 2005
  5. jasper6

jasper6

"Thank you for your email.

Earlier today, we had verified a significant lag between eSignal and other last sale vendors for emini quotes. The lag has since subsided and been resolved.
    This was due to a process on our servers that needed to be restarted due to the volume. I'm sorry that I do not have further detail, however we are putting in
    place monitoring systems to watch these types of situations in the future.

I have issued a credit of $10 to your account to compensate you for the eSignal fees today.

If you need further assistance, please advise.

Thank You,
    Heather - eSignal
    eSignal Support"

#25     Dec 13, 2005
  6. tomcole

tomcole

Thanks heather, but how did you arrive at the $10?

#26     Dec 13, 2005
  7. "however we are putting in
    place monitoring systems to watch these types of situations in the future"

After selling data for years, they are just NOW thinking of doing this? :confused:

s

#27     Dec 13, 2005
  8. opm8

opm8

I just got a $15 credit. I know, it's a drop in the bucket for a lost day of trading but if enough people force them to hand out credits every time they allow their systems to crash they might just change.

Call Customer Service and Technical Support:
    (510) 264-1700

Press "1" for Customer Service. Took me about 5 min.

--opm8

#28     Dec 13, 2005

9. Have you seen the Price/Volume Histograms in Ensign? It's basically the same thing, but different.

I think I saw something similar in QT as well, but never investigated it.

s

#29     Dec 13, 2005
  10. No, I haven't. I'll look into Ensign and QuoteTracker. Thanks

Is it "volume by price" under quotetracker? Hey Jerry, you're reading this thread? :)

#30     Dec 13, 2005