esignal level ll problems

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by akhuto, May 31, 2001.

1. akhuto

akhuto

have been using esignal for 1 year,,ok
    recently started having problems w/ level ll from 9:30 to 11:30..level ll best bid/ask cosistently ahead of times and sales by 40 seconds to 2 minutes,depending on a particular stock i choose,irregardless of the stocks trade volume.
    i do have win 2k,512mb ram,cable modem..i do not go over the 50 symbol limit...i did reload the software,
    i tried other datafeed providers just to see if it was my pc or internet connection-seems the problem is with esignal.
    if anyone has similar problems or suggestions please help out.

p.s. it used to work great even when i had 56k modem(may be because it was during the 30 day trial period?)

2. Markiss

Markiss

Sounds like you have a similar problem that I had with esignal, with the “quoted time” on the time & sales not matching the time on my clock, and the time & sales window lagging behind the level II window, with it being off around 30sec to a few minutes. What I found to be the problem was that I had to many windows open within esignal, and my cpu usage was running at near 100%. When this happen my time & sales would lag, but when I closed a few windows my cpu would go down to around 50-60% and the time & sales would eventually catch up. My pc has 256mb and a P3 750mhz cpu. You didn’t mention how fast your cpu is but I guess that is the source of your problem or close a few windows. Since your running Win2k you can open up the task manager… Ctrl-Alt-Del then select task manager and minimize it to your task bar. Watch the green bar on the task manager as your using esignal, and if you notice the lag in your time & sales check to see if your cpu is running near 90-100%, if it is then this is your problem. This is one of the reasons why I left esignal.

3. akhuto

akhuto

thank you for the info

can you please tell me which service you are using now

4. Markiss

Markiss

Im currently using http://www.nextrend.com It uses alot less resources than Esignal I have about 30 charts, 30 level II's, & 30 time sales open all at the same time and dont even come close to using 40% of my cpu, but I do miss the color coded time & sales and the "seconds" time stamp within Esignal. Hopefully Nextrend will implement this soon.

5. akhuto

akhuto

thks.tried that-same result
    i only had about 15 windows open...limited to 1 level ii
    today it seem to work,but then again,it's friday,volume is lower..

i tried nxttrend,but could not get 1/2 day charts setup to be same as esignal..can not setup time limit(starting time only or end time only,not both)..will try their next version.
    pitty,besides esignal and realtick? ,nexttrend seems to be the only one w/premarket charting...if you know of others,please let me know.
    thanks for your help.

6. Markiss

Markiss

Yeah I don’t like the fact that you cant set a specific time frame for it to display data instead it just spits out all the data it has for what ever time interval you select, but there is the scrolling feature that allows you to set how big/small the candles are. With premarket/afterhours data you can only display it using tick charts you cant set a certain time interval. What I hear from others that use nextrend, they say it takes a lot of tweaking before they are comfortable with their layouts. As for other data services there are Ravenquote/Qcharts but I hear there are problems with the data feed and also you can use Ensign with Esignals data feed but I hear there is a huge learning curve with Ensign.

7. akhuto

akhuto

ok.
    i'm going to try orbit next week
    hopefully the new version of nexttrend will be better.if it is.i 'l try it again..realy do not want to go back to esignal,which i'm sure is going to work during first 30 days, and then...
    thanks again