Esignal lagging about 7 ticks on YM

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by flipflopper, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Got filled when esignal showed I was 7 points away.

Par for the course.

2. sammybea

sammybea

Quite strange since YM has been spot on for Qcharts lately (an esignal company)

3. I will admit that I restarted esignal and the lag went away.

Often times this doesn't work but I don't understand why I always have to worry about my data lagging when I pay $275 a month for "realtime data". Am I just delusional and I get what I pay for?

I just need data that is compatible with both multicharts and ninjatrader so I think I'm stuck for the moment... so I guess I'll just bitch and keep paying up. :mad: :mad: :mad:

4. I had the same problem at times when I was using Esignal. I sometimes have the same problem with Tradestation. I don't like it either, but I accept it as a price of using them. I just shut down and restart TS each morning after the open. I don't trade the first 5 minutes of the open no matter what (personal rule) so it's no big deal to be away from the charts for 90 seconds.

5. skim

skim

Are you sure you are looking at the correct contract month?

Check that BOTH your charts and your trading platform are on the same month. IB changed today to 'M' whereas the majority of volume is still trading 'H'.

I have no problems with lagging data here.

6. Same contract. This is not some anomaly... it is very common for my esignal feed to lag. This time I reset esignal and got back to realtime.

7. maxpi

maxpi

Multicharts and Ninja both work with data from IB, maybe IB's feed is better currently?