eSignal lag on ES

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by trader123abc, Feb 27, 2008.

1. eSignal Support
    eSignal

eSignal delays

Hi,

Can you try something for me next time you see a lag in quotes? What I'd like you to do is open the Data Manager and click FILE, then Symbol Monitor (or F2 for a shortcut). Now enter a very active symbol that you feel is lagging in eSignal and then hit "ToReceiver".

The symbol monitor screen should then update just as a quote window does. Try to compare the data in Symbol Monitor with your quote window and with your other sources. Can you see a difference?

Please let me know. We did get a spike of complaints today about lagging but found no queuing over a few milliseconds in our systems. Plus, the way we send data, our buffers would be hard pressed to delay the data 2-3 seconds let alone 30 or 45 seconds. We suspect it may be an issue in our eSignal app so this test may shed some light on it for us.

Thanks.

Ok esignal, sit one of your useless support staff in front of the screen and do what you asked me to do!
    Thank God I have use Ninja with IB
    NO LAG!!!!!!!!!!

#51     Feb 28, 2008
  2. What version of esignal are you guys running? I just read on the forums that they had a user roll back to version 8.

This is frustrating.

#52     Feb 28, 2008
  3. Rolled back to 8 yesterday, still had the lag from 11-11:10 though

#53     Feb 28, 2008
  4. JayS

JayS

I recommend CQG, they only put so many users per server. Its worth the extra few hundred a month to use them. I've used eSignal and CQG and you don't get near the quality of data and service you receive from CQG.

Just my recommendation.

Jay

#54     Feb 28, 2008
  5. ZBEAR

ZBEAR

Add me to the list of the "Disgruntled" eSig users.

I'd love to find something else........
    BUT........ It ain't Trade Station or Real Tick......been there done that.....they both suck IMHO !

When you're scalping these lags are disasterous.

And where is eSig here ?
    HIDING .....of course !

#55     Feb 29, 2008
  6. Aok

Aok

CQG.

It's alot of $, but think how much you'll save on Excedrin.

Plus you'll probably make it back come Fed day when your data doesn't go down.

#56     Feb 29, 2008
  7. ZBEAR

ZBEAR

Yeah, I had a trial of CQG - and it was good.

However, I like the way I can slide the chart around with eSig.
    X Y axis is super smooth with the mouse.
    And I can grab the background and slide the chart around easy.

CQG is not quite that smooth......and that's important to me.
    but I did like the tools on the left hand side bar setup ....very nice.
    And if their data was not rock solid - it seemed nearly so.

My needs are simple.
    I just want a good Fib tool, a good Pitchfork and good a good line tool.

The money for CQG is steep - and causes me to flinch.

I know - I know.

#57     Feb 29, 2008
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

today was absolutely absurd ... when u are getting 3 different prices on 3 different windows ..you know its time to change..peace

#58     Mar 4, 2008
  9. rjv27

rjv27

Yeah, the same thing was happening to me. I use esignal and run quotetracker. The volume was way off (much lighter) on esignal and right on QT. Then I would shut down esignal and then both volumes would match. Def. sucks when you base some of your trading decisions on volume.

But today I called them and the guy had my delete my data manager file and then reinstall it. He said sometimes the data manager file can get corrupted and lead to some of these problems. So it seems to be working fine for now. But we'll see if it lasts.

#59     Mar 4, 2008
  10. MarkB

MarkB

Thanks RJ. I wonder if I should uninstall and reinstall? Can you elaborate at all on which file they had you delete? What the procedure is?

Thanks,

Mark

#60     Mar 4, 2008