eSignal lag on ES

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by trader123abc, Feb 27, 2008.

1. The beta is for a paid service they are developing. This is part of the improvements.

#41     Feb 27, 2008
  2. I got the below from esignal
    Funny how they did not post this in the thread I created. Since this was a wide spread problem you(esignal support)
    should have done what you are asking me to do below. They was plenty of time to do so. I have spent way too much time on phone support for me to do all kinds of test to always find out the problems are on your end. When this shit happens I have a back up which does not lag, so I can continue trading. I don't have time to do your work

Who else got this request?

eSignal Support
    eSignal

eSignal delays

Hi,

Can you try something for me next time you see a lag in quotes? What I'd like you to do is open the Data Manager and click FILE, then Symbol Monitor (or F2 for a shortcut). Now enter a very active symbol that you feel is lagging in eSignal and then hit "ToReceiver".

The symbol monitor screen should then update just as a quote window does. Try to compare the data in Symbol Monitor with your quote window and with your other sources. Can you see a difference?

Please let me know. We did get a spike of complaints today about lagging but found no queuing over a few milliseconds in our systems. Plus, the way we send data, our buffers would be hard pressed to delay the data 2-3 seconds let alone 30 or 45 seconds. We suspect it may be an issue in our eSignal app so this test may shed some light on it for us.

Thanks.

#42     Feb 28, 2008
  3. They don't appear to be much better.

Real Tick Reviews

#43     Feb 28, 2008
  4. Chriz

Chriz

Thats typical for esignal 'support'. First they insult you as a customer that something is wrong with your pc, software setup, dsl line or whatever. If there are many complains they say things like we run 1200 servers, maybe one or two of them are lagging a bit.

Maybe i repeat myself but if they would spend as much time and money in keeping their technology up to date as in marketing things would be much better.

#44     Feb 28, 2008
  5. Atrocious lag again...

#45     Feb 28, 2008
  6. I am glad I saw this thread as I was entertaining the switching to Esignal. What region of the country are you folks in? I know Steve is NJ or was? I have seen in the past when Esignal problems were regional as they have server farms spread out I believe. The problem with switching to DTN IQ is the only offer 4-8 days of tick data, per a recent chat with their rep.

#46     Feb 28, 2008
  7. KILLER esignal lag right now - seriously about 45 seconds behind on ESH8

#47     Feb 28, 2008
  8. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

We have never experienced the Lag similar to e-signal

#48     Feb 28, 2008
  9. Yes still in NJ and just experienced very bad lag once again.

#49     Feb 28, 2008
  10. I am having problems too, and will seriously consider a different data provider, the delay is unacceptable.

edit: i am in the midwest, fwiw

#50     Feb 28, 2008