eSignal lag on ES

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by trader123abc, Feb 27, 2008.

1. I'm personally working on a proprietary relationship with Opentick to replace eSignal.

#21     Feb 27, 2008
  2. Please elaborate -- thanks.

#22     Feb 27, 2008
  3. Why dont you just ask nicely for esignal to send you the check for your 'new' company :D

#23     Feb 27, 2008
  4. I'm negotiating with OpenTick to set up a server farm in Chicago for a group of people to access. It will take some time to finish it but I'm hoping to be using it by Fall. The benefit will be that latency will be about 10-50 times faster than eSignal, all of the data will be archieved on the form of Volume/Tick Bars (in that order) and the historic data available will be only limited to the amount of data on the servers (currently ten terabytes but I hope to double that). I think there is a need for this. I sure can use it.

#24     Feb 27, 2008
  5. I wish users would actually sue eSignal iin a class action lawsuit for their lack of due diligence and misfeasance as in poor poor service yet that extract money from customers for it.. and cost them money in their trades...

:(

#25     Feb 27, 2008
  6. Contact the attorney . . . I'm in.

#26     Feb 27, 2008
  7. Sign me up :)

#27     Feb 27, 2008
  8. MarkB

MarkB

For the last week or so, seems the volume data has been off with the esignal data. I use indicators based on volume charts, and the people I trade with who are using other feeds are showing more data on their volume charts. So I think that even when the feed isn't lagging, there's something wrong with it at this point.

Anyone else seeing this?

#28     Feb 27, 2008
  9. Go get them guys... I am no longer a user just a very disgruntled poster... considering that i paid them a lot of money over the years...

I moved to DTN and NeoTicker 2 years ago form eSignal and am very satisfied...

so its up to the actual users to go after them...

mayer there is a trader-lawyer in your user group that could work on it... then he could let me know if i could join the lawsuit...

#29     Feb 27, 2008
  10. tradethetrade

tradethetrade Vendor

Equities too although not as bad as 1 minute lag. Started a thread a couple of days ago on the same subject. Market is dead right now and my equity feed is lagging about 5 seconds. Time to go to the beach...yes esignal I already tried to restarted my computer...

#30     Feb 27, 2008