eSignal lag on ES

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by trader123abc, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Read my last post above.
    You will never reach a Technical Supervisor if you call. Dealing with Customer Service is a waste of time.

#11     Feb 27, 2008
  2. Quote from Chriz:

same here. today it was lagging like hell. Yesterday too but not as bad as today.

I bet if i contact customer service they will tell me that the problem is on my side.

Read my last post above.
    You will never reach a Technical Supervisor if you call. Dealing with Customer Service is a waste of time.

Agree! Their customer sevice sucks after waiting a long time on the phone, I stopped calling them a long time ago.
    My Ninja charts with IB never misses a beat!

#12     Feb 27, 2008
  3. It has been brutal, up to 45 seconds to a minute.

#13     Feb 27, 2008
  4. Today maybe worse than usual for the latency but this has been going on for years...

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=110567&highlight=esignal+lag

that is just ONE of the threads on eSigs lack of quality data feed and charting service...

eSignal decided 3 years ago to play the buy up other small data feeds and raise esignal rates monopoly game instead of the always be improving the quality of your data feed process...

many traders have suffered for this and will continue to suffer for this and eSig always says yes down the road we will be doing this and that and all will be well...

it is truly shameful but so far a successful biz model for them...

:(

#14     Feb 27, 2008
  5. trader123abc

11-27-07 10:40 AM

I use esignal and had same problem with freezing. Solutions and suggestions that might help

1. Have time templates for only data you need.
    2. You may have too many charts open.
    3. Is your computer processor big enough?
    3. Too many other applications running
    5. Do you have enough ram

I still get a few freezes but nothing like I got before

Trader

Funny I posted in that thread too!!!
    Freezing is not my problem today, just pure lag.

#15     Feb 27, 2008
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

lagging big time ... go with the force...

#16     Feb 27, 2008
  7. I would tend to agree with the above poster that this has been going on for years . . . and every single time that subscribers notice such a "lag" they are told by E-Signal Customer Service and Technical Support that E-Signal "is in the process of upgrading their servers to give traders better service."

I've heard this explanation a hundred times, and I got sick and tired of hearing it. Moreover, more often than not they tell you about these so-called "upgrades" till AFTER the latency issues occur!

That really smells to me.

As a result, I gave up on them three years ago. They couldn't keep up then with the increased data flow, and they still haven't been able to successfully keep up with it.

#17     Feb 27, 2008
  8. esig was horseshit today

#18     Feb 27, 2008
  9. Horrible, just horrible. I'm done with them. This is ridiculous.

#19     Feb 27, 2008
  10. bruced

bruced

Landis82,
    What are you using now?

#20     Feb 27, 2008