eSignal lag on ES

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by trader123abc, Feb 27, 2008.

1. I spoke to a sales rep in the UK regarding the institutional feed. The feed for both retail and institutional clients are the same feed I was told and if your not happy with the retail feed you won't be happy with the institutional feed. He admitted that the Eurex feed was BAD. We both laughed when I said to him how lousy your Eurex feed is.

This is what I was told. The institutional feed cost 250 per month prior to any add ons, exchange fees etc. What you get is your own account manager and 24/7 technical support so when you have a problem you phone your account manager and find out what server your on and where the problem lies and if need be the server is changed. His words not mine. Now heres the interesting bit. He cut me off when I asked how many clients per server on the institutional side vs the retail side per data farm. Now this says it all. Its my opinion and just an opinion and not a slur on eSignal, WOULDN'T WANT TO BE SUED NOW WOULD WE FOR VOICING MY OPINION that eSignals lagging problems are stemming from the size of the retail client list that they are throwing on to each server. His final words were YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

Extremely unprofessional customer service.

#151     Mar 14, 2008
  2. RedDuke

RedDuke

So the data is the same I guess, no point of switching then, that is if they admit them have one :).

Also, I am not sure why you say that Eurex data is bad. I am using esignal plugged into Ninja charts for trading dax, and the feed is rock solid. It is as fats as TT and zen-fire. Also, esignal does not aggregate ticks, where TT for example does.

I have heard that people has esig issues with US markets, but Eurex as far as DAX goes is realy good.

#152     Mar 14, 2008
  3. RL8093

RL8093

Today I officially joined the eSig lagging club. There were several times in the AM when I noticed that eSig was 5 -10 seconds behind my Ninja-Zen feed. Most of the time they were identical but occasionally eSig just decided to delay...

However, closer to the end of the day, there seemed to be a fairly constant 3-4 sec lag.

I would hate to switch and then have them fulfill their prior promises with one large, non-bloatware software upgrade and capital expansion .....

Pipedreams aside, I'll have to see how much of an issue it is using eSig as primary charting but trading with Ninja-Zen. As I mentioned in another thread (along with others), I hate the inevitable learning curve that comes with any new software change but my 1st impressions of Ninja - especially the Chart Trader order entry / order management - is that it is a worthwhile endeavor...

R

#153     Mar 17, 2008
  4. I've learned there's no way I can trust eSignal to have on-time quotes when the market is doing anything but just drifting during mid-day.

Early this morning, I put up a thread entitled, "Who Else is Getting FUCKED by eSignal's Slow Quotes?" Apparently the mods do look out for sponsors, and it was taken down (Rules Of Conduct are never enforced, but sponsors are taken care of, it seems).

I was trading C, MER, JPM and ALL had quotes that were at times as much as .12 off my MM Window. The average delay was .3-.6 or so.

Then I tried talking to LiveRep, they didn't know what to do...again, so sent me to the Support phone line. After sitting on hold for long enough to need another shave, I figured others were lodging the same complaint, and I hung up.

I've got QuoteTracker downloaded, but the thing has this giant manual for setting it up, and I shudder to go through all that. On the other hand, losing money to faulty quotes and trading by watching my P&L Window is getting old. I've two weeks untill eSignal bills me - guess I'll be tackling the QT thing...

#154     Mar 17, 2008
  5. yshterk

yshterk

Yes, you can get the data to ASCII using the API or just copy and paste it from CQG to excel. You can subscribe to the extended data and use it on all of the charts, backtesting and signal evaluator if you'd like.

#155     Mar 18, 2008
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

this will be my last month with esignal..I have been with them 5-6 years and being a creature of habit i didnt pull the trigger years ago. I am going to go thru this thread to figure out where i will end up...perhaps real tick which is what i used before esignal...anybody lagging out there?? it gets a little frustrating when you have to trade in the blind...it might actually be helping my exits, but the stress isnt worth it... :p

#156     Mar 19, 2008
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

i here ya.....im about to toss my computer out my window..and im up today...but was short GS and covered mostly because of the lag and freezing up...

#157     Mar 19, 2008
  8. Big lag yesterday during Fed release at 1:15pm
    No lag today
    If you use simple charts with nothing fancy, then Ninja works well with IB

#158     Mar 19, 2008