Esignal is complete garbage.

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ChkitOut, Jun 8, 2008.

1. I grabbed the 10.1 version on Friday and have been trying all kinds of things over the weekend and into today's open, and it's much better than 10.0 by far. I can finally do some of the things I gave up on when leaving the 8.x versions and it seems just as fast as it was back then.

People still worried may want to wait until others see the same thing as I do, but I'm very happy right now. I can even get my tick charts running again and it doesn't do that stupid thing where it used to pull in a whole day of ticks every time. It seems to just pull in enough to fill the screen which is all I need.

Good trading everyone.

Cheers,

Paul

#21     Jun 9, 2008
  2. there are so many of us wishing, praying, hoping, waiting for anything OTHER than esignal,

so, what is it?

seriously

#22     Jun 9, 2008
  3. eSignal is fine, no need for hysterics

#23     Jun 9, 2008
  4. If you are having eSignal lag problems check your CPU usage when you notice it happening. Mine was getting maxed out each time. It could be a combination of the software and a CPU that might not be up to the task.

I'm running 10.1 on a new computer now, and have not had the same issue yet. It has a new option under File>Preferences>Display Settings that allows you to select the rate of data refresh based on what "resource savings" you want (from "Off-realtime" to "High-twice a second"). It defaults to "High(refresh rate is twice a second)", so be sure to adjust to what you want.

#24     Jun 9, 2008
  5. RL8093

RL8093

Well said. :cool:

I'd like to hear from people using 10.1 compared directly to something fast (like Ninja/Zen or TT). Because it no longer has the massive delays / lockups when filling new charts or starting the program does not mean all is well. I have not been having any of these issues w/ 8.0 for a while (knock on wood). However, the lag when compared with Ninja/Zen is horrendous. Sometimes it manages to be close (0.5-1 sec) but more often it lags by 2 or more secs with some delays lasting over 5-10 seconds - - - and this is not only during typical high volume moments (news releases, etc).

As a 'premium' chart provider, they've lost sight of the target and their customer - sad.

R

#25     Jun 9, 2008
  6. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

I have used eSignal in the past and helped others with their configurations. I can confirm that sometimes people run into problems with lag and lock-ups, but they are usually due to other configuration items/issues on the user's computers, not the eSignal feed itself.

The primary things to look at are:

1) Check out the settings on your personal Firewall. Try temporarily disabling the Firewall and see if the eSignal issues still occur. If this helps with the problems then go take a look at the ports/programs are allowed in the advanced settings of the Firewall.

2) Registry settings. Multiple uninstall/install cycles can leave the registry settings in a funky state. Try removing all eSignal registry settings and re-installing from scratch with the help of someone who is knowledgable about registry stuff.

3) CPU usage. eSignal combined with other programs can cause CPU usage over short periods of time to spike through the roof. The other problem is paging to disk which slows the computer down.

4) Router connecitivity in the house. Check your wires, don't use wireless for the trading PC. eSignal seems to be sensitive to packet re-transmissions scenarios which slows feed/chart performance.

Just my $0.02,

- Greg

#26     Jun 9, 2008
  7. 10.1 stable and fast, most problems would be due to user ignorance of their own operating system

#27     Jun 9, 2008
  8. RedDuke

RedDuke

Another option is to use esingal feed into Ninja Trader. Ninja is free for charting and demo trading, and you only pay for esignal data, whcihc is cheaper than to pay for esignal data and their platform.

#28     Jun 10, 2008