Esignal is complete garbage.

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ChkitOut, Jun 8, 2008.

1. I have used esignal for several years now. One thing I do like is the ability to easily create spread charts and symbols on the fly. If you are using v10.something, and creating spread charts, this may be a partial cause for your difficulty, with system crashes and such. When the new version came out, a couple of other traders I know upgraded and were having similar problems, with the software frequently crashing when they switched between pair and single symbols on the same chart. I have a newer version on a laptop, and havent noticed similar problems, however, I never upgraded the computer I use for trading during the day, due to these problems. I was hoping they would have ironed these problems out by now.

FYI, on my trading computer, I just checked and I have v7.9.1. It has been working fine for me up to now (not sure if that will change any time soon). The only minor annoyance is when I first open the software, often my spread charts won't update; I often have to change the time frame and for some reason, it updates and then I can flip back to the desired time frame.

You may want to speak to an esignal tech about the possibility of reverting back to an older version and see if your issues persist. I would be curious as to whether this solves any of your problems.

#11     Jun 8, 2008
  2. 7tvette,
    Just a bit more detail about the issues I experienced with ver10 that were quite consistent. Nothing fancy, just launching the product and changing between symbols and time frames for a few minutes would be enough to cause this issue. Right-click anywhere within the chart for the menu list and you'll begin to notice that several menu options are no longer there (i.e., Chart Type, Scaling, Cursor, Line Tools, Edit Studies, Basic Studies, etc.). The next time you right-click, the list gets shorter and so on. That is, until the product closes itself.
    The issue is related to a memory leak (code related). As mentioned above, I'll opt not to "try" ver10.1 until esignal forum members begin to report a higher level of stability of the product. However, 80r2 has been rock solid.

Take care.
    Tex

#12     Jun 8, 2008
  3. Anybody have the link to an older version?

#13     Jun 8, 2008
  4. Okay, it took a while to find it via google search, but here it is:
    esignal.com/executables/esignal_80r2.exe

Take care,
    Tex

#14     Jun 8, 2008

5. Ahh dude, its like night and day.

v10 was the problem.

case closed.

Moderator, please change title to 'esignal v10 is garbage'.

#15     Jun 8, 2008
  6. I can confirm that esignal is total trash. Their time and sales feed is horrendously behind the prints contained in many of the major trading platforms. It is not real time data, is it exceedingly lagged. Scalping with eSignal=throwing money in garbage.

#16     Jun 8, 2008
  7. I don't think we'll be seeing NY0BScalper in the testimonials sections of Esignal advertisements.

#17     Jun 8, 2008

8. I've am using 10.1 Gold now here in Tokyo and have no
    problems whatsoever. The problems that I knew of in 10.1 Beta
    seem to have been fixed.

#18     Jun 8, 2008
  9. cmaxb

cmaxb

Funnily enough, I am on 10.1 Gold, and there is no history. At the start of the evening there was, now there isn't. Usually don't have any problems.

#19     Jun 9, 2008
  10. cmaxb

cmaxb

When I had upgraded from the Beta, there was still a connection to one of their servers. They thought, I had made two simultaneous connections. Weird.

#20     Jun 9, 2008