esignal indicator to run on OEC or SierraCharts

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by dlonET, Jun 19, 2011.

1. dlonET

dlonET

Does anyone know how to achieve the above. I do not have access to the source, so I cannot start from scratch using C# or C++.
    Thanks

2. nkhoi

nkhoi

their languages are not compatible you have to do manual conversion.

3. dlonET

dlonET

Thanks nkhoi,
    I understand that eSignal is Java based, whereas with OEC and SC we deal with C# and C++, respectively. I was hoping that there was a plugin that would allow to run esignal java based indicator on OEC or SC.

4. Getting a script converted to another language is usually not very expensive because all the logic and thinking time is built into the original code.

Just find a programmer that know both. It might only cost you $50 bucks.

5. dlonET

dlonET

I do not have an access to the source code. If there is no solution I will have to ask the owner about doing exactly that.
    Thanks

6. That's is a lot more difficult and expensive. Without the source code, you may not even be able to accurately reproduce it.

7. dlonET

dlonET

Hi RB,
    I am not trying reproduce anything... I simply trying to find out if there is a way to run esignal indicator on these platforms. It is not difficult nor expensive as if it does not exist I will move to another solution, like signing up with esignal, or getting the owner to develop it for other front ends.
    Thanks

8. OEC can run most EL files and there's some other wizards as well to build them, but not sure about your question of taking it from esignal.

9. dlonET

dlonET

I am aware of this, ie easylanguage, already done some scripting there. Thanks

10. There is no way you can run an esignal EFS coded indicator on any other platform unless you have it recoded in whatever language sierra chart uses. That's why I made the suggestion i did.

#10     Jun 20, 2011