eSignal has gone downhill

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by SWhiting, Mar 11, 2008.

1. hmmm Fixed by Friday

its been 15 mintues I'm refreshing charts trying to get them to load. What a bunch of useless .........s

#21     Mar 17, 2008
  2. This has probably been asked before, but anyone switched from eSignal to QuoteTracker with an IQ feed?

eSignal has been SO slow and off, especially the last few days, that I've GOT to do something else.

I've got the QT program downloaded, but their support manual is hideously long...oh well, better to try figuring that out than lose on trdes with slow quotes.

#22     Mar 17, 2008
  3. RL8093

RL8093

You posted that on 3.12.08 (Wed). Now, it's Monday - after the Friday when they were going to implement the fixes & I have the worst lagging day ever w/ eSig!! One more in their long list of vacuous promises....

R

#23     Mar 17, 2008
  4. I left them over 6 months ago after having been with them for 6 plus years......our long time rep left and he must have know what was coming down the pipe........the new Rep was a fricken complete moron and after telling him how to do things the first two months .......I pulled the 10 accounts we had with them and went to DTN and use them with Ninja/Zen Fire and we are very happy.

To bad...........was good for years.

#24     Mar 17, 2008
  5. Been with esignal since 2002. Before that with Qcharts (which I left when Lycos drove it into the ground).

Used online account management to quit esignal yesterday, but will have the "service" a few more days until my billing cycle is up.

So I logged in just now. There is ABSOLUTELY no volume in the SPYders, and still, esignal quotes are lagging by several seconds.

A total joke. My advice: stay away.

Interesting thing about all this: If I understand correctly, the degradation in the esignal feed has something to do with their attempting to integrate the Qcharts feed into their servers. That's almost comical since Qcharts service was destroyed by Lycos and that was why I switched to esignal in the first place.

I have looked arround. I'll probably use DTN.IQ or IQFeed with QuoteTracker while I finally dust off my coding skills and develop my own charting package (using IB feed and/or IQFeed).

I don't need or want 99% of what's in most packages. I just want to run lean and mean. I've always known that the only way to get something done the way you want it is to do it yourself. Esignal was close enough while it worked.

Ultimately, the feed is everything though, and in the year plus that I've been using IB's TWS, I have never seen it skip a beat as far as quotes go. Now that I've studied the API for TWS, I'm confident that I can get what I want, and when the effort is all done, I'll no longer be held hostage by esignal or that bag of crap out of Redmond, WA (yes, I am developing under Linux).

Just had to vent.

Anyway, since it's going to take me a few months to write my charting program, I'll be trying DTNIq.

Good luck to all who are still stuck in the muck with esignal.

#25     Mar 18, 2008
  6. cosmic

cosmic

can very well understand the esignal frustration.
    cured that a good time ago, primarily on tradestation now for charting. if you run it on decent pc's, it holds up very well throughout the day. Sure, not perfect, but what is these days.

good trades,
    cosmic

#26     Mar 18, 2008
  7. Esignal has never gone down hill. It began at the bottom of the hill. Now it is digging a ditch.

#27     Mar 18, 2008
  8. JohnsonRod,

If IB is your broker you miht want to look at Seirra Charts. They cost $10 per month and use the IB feed. Like you, I trade with very simple indicators: Williams Gator and AO.

Good luck with your development: maybe you can peddle it later and make some money off it.

#28     Mar 18, 2008
  9. SWhiting,

Thanks for the heads up. Will check out Sierra.

#29     Mar 18, 2008
  10. March 22 was the end of my billing cycle so my cancellation of eSig service comes in a few days. I am still on it today... and once again, huge errors in the bars right after the announcement. I was watching the SPY and there was a $30 error bar that screwed the chart completely.

#30     Mar 18, 2008