eSignal has gone downhill

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by SWhiting, Mar 11, 2008.

1. mokwit

mokwit

Metastock Quotecenter. $135/month for a program with an institutional heritage (was the Bridge platform). eSignal IMO is an overpriced retail toy with bad data that focuses primarily on marketing and sub growth/replacement. I cancelled it very quickly.

#11     Mar 11, 2008
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

pricing says $235 are you only using the software if so what data do you use??

#12     Mar 11, 2008
  3. mokwit

mokwit

?

http://www.equis.com/products/pricingguide.aspx?#quotecenter

QuoteCenter
    QuoteCenter Asia/Pacific Data $135.00 /mo $1,300.00 /yr
    QuoteCenter European, Middle Eastern, & African Data $135.00 /mo $1,300.00 /yr
    QuoteCenter FX Data $99.00 /mo $950.00 /yr
    QuoteCenter North/South American Data $135.00 /mo $1,300.00 /yr
    QuoteCenter Worldwide Futures, Commodities, & Derivatives Data $135.00 /mo $1,300.00 /yr

#13     Mar 11, 2008
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

i found it thank you...i was looking at several sites and may have mixed it up...thank you...how long have you been using?? i have been a esignal client for about 5-6 years and just dont seem to want to chnage..but its time

#14     Mar 11, 2008
  5. jd7419

jd7419

I have a trial to cgq after cancelling esignal. My comments and frustration with esignal have been documented for months on other threads. Anyway I am really not that impressedwith cqg. I trade through schonfeld and their futures quotes on their level 2 platform blows away cqg speed wise. The quotes are from reuters feed and are beating cqg by 1/3 second all the time and during fast moves it is even a greater difference. This data on schonfelds platform is not the retail offering from reuters. Anyway schonfelds charting platform blows ass and I have no way of getting good charts for this data set up.

My final solution to a great setup is still unknown, for now I will watch the quotes I have on my level 2 and most likely use dtn/sierra charts because I can not justify cqg for $780 a month. I spoke to rep Kevin C at cqg and he said that they have had problems with the cme for the past 2 weeks and alot of it is on the cme end. I believe him because esignal had the problem as well.

#15     Mar 11, 2008
  6. don't you find it a pain in the ass to not have a quote link to your platform like esignal provides with most platforms?its so nice to type in your level 2 quotes and a graph pops up iinstead of having to type symbols for your graphs

#16     Mar 12, 2008
  7. I have used them all and I have stuck with Tradestation for charting and data. I use IB for broker.

Joh

#17     Mar 12, 2008
  8. jd7419

jd7419

Another thing that is driving me nuts with cqg is that I can't change the bar size width on candelstick charts. This might be a small thing to some but after staring at nice looking charts on esignal for years it is hard to adjust to. Esignal definitely has the nicest looking software but unfortunately their datafeed is the worst.

#18     Mar 12, 2008
  9. Joab

Joab

LOL

I know exactly what you mean !

Esignal told me last night that they are going to be fixed by Friday :eek:

That's 3 days away and that's 3 days of income lost.

DTN here I come

#19     Mar 12, 2008
  10. anarcho

anarcho

hmm. This doesn't seem right

Gotta agreed that something has happened to esignal lately and it has turned to junk. Looking at CQG and have been impressed so far. Also, looking at DTN IQFEED and using it with some charting software but can't find many that I like. But, I will have to keep esignal around for its TAS since I can't find anything that comes to close to it. I can look up any print from any stock from any day on esignal but other software seems to ignore TAS.

#20     Mar 17, 2008