ESIGNAL great idea for your company !!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by tallpaw, Mar 6, 2008.

1. tallpaw

tallpaw

Guys: I'm not sure if this has been brought up before on previous posts, but I have a great idea for ESignal. Maybe they should think about renting out their monthly "charts only" without the E- signal data manager (Esignals data feed). That way 2 things could happen 1. They could lower their price on the charting system :confused: (ha ha) but in reality they should and 2. Customers could use a better data feed like CQG or IQ. ESignal should follow the lead of charting systems like Ensign or Sierra charts where they are charting systems only. Maybe one of the ESignal reps that read this can bring this up to the hierarchy of ESignal and drum up more business.
    What do you all think about this idea? How many of you that have left ESignal or are about to leave ESignal because of their data feed problems would go back or stay with ESig if they came up with this option?

2. For me personally, the best case scenario would be to keep esignal charts and use a third party data feed that is more reliable. Unfortunately the rep from esignal told me emphatically "NO" on this happening.

3. gnome

gnome

You could use eSignal for data and MetaStock Pro for charts... I have since '98. No plans on changing.

4. Its the esignal charts that I dont want to give up, but their data has been lagging lately, at least for me. Its a shame esignal doesnt allow you to just purchase their charting software and feed a different data source through. Actually, better yet, maybe they could just fix the issue! :)

5. Quote from Steve Tvardek:

For me personally, the best case scenario would be to keep esignal charts and use a third party data feed that is more reliable. Unfortunately the rep from esignal told me emphatically "NO" on this happening.

You could use eSignal for data and MetaStock Pro for charts... I have since '98. No plans on changing.

The problem of the last few weeks is including the data feed itself. I use W59 running with eSignal and it was lagging
    Switched it over to IB and it was fine.
    I also use Ninja with esignal, it was lagging, switched Ninja to IB and it was fine. They have a big problem and they are fishing to to and find it! They have no clue!

From esignal forum

We've received sporadic reports of clients experiencing delays on futures such as ES #F and AB #F. Initial system checks reveal no delays found with our server farm. As our Engineers continue to investigate we will post an udpate with any new information found.

Thank you,
    Ray P.
    eSignal Support

and then

Although we haven't completely isolated the cause of the data lags from today, it's clear the issue is on our end. We are devoting all our resources into resolving this issue and will pass along any new updates we receive.

Thank you,
    Ray P.
    eSignal Support

Both of those post are from the 5th

6. Chriz

Chriz

LOL. There was a tremendous lag on 2-27 with lots of clients complaining and it took them a week to figure out that the issues are on their end? Are they on crack or what?