esignal forum

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by traderob, May 29, 2004.

1. traderob

traderob

Oneway,
    Yes, that is why I ignored this problem for as long as I could. BUT today I wanted to ask something (see my first post).
    Nana - if I try to reregister it says that this email address is already used (or something like that )and won't allow me to do so.

#11     May 29, 2004
  2. traderob

traderob

Thanks to Scott I can now post.
    Apparently when i registered in July 2003 I didnt confirm my registration. So the system let me log in but not post.

#12     May 29, 2004
  3. I remember a similar problem I once had. Scott also had to intervene. This seems to be a pretty common problem then and I am surprised that eSignal has not fixed it yet. It has been going on for many months at least...

#13     May 29, 2004
  4. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

From my experience, most sites now have a two step registration process to insure valid sign-ups, just as we do. If the 2nd step isn't completed (confirming receipt of email), then the process remains in limbo. Not sure I'd call that a "problem" or not. We certainly aim to keep things easy and simple but there's clearly a need for some level of security to combat spammers, hackers, etc.

Perhaps we need to send reminders when the 2nd step isn't completed. We'll look into whether that can be automated.

Thanks.

#14     May 29, 2004