eSignal formula

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Eldredge, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Eldredge

Eldredge

I would like to draw a line a certain dollar amount above and/or below a moving average. A simple envelope that is set x$ away from the MA instead of x% away. I can't figure out how to do it (obviously I'm not a programmer), and I can't find a program or setting that will do it. If anyone can tell me how to do this or where I can get a download I would be grateful. Thanks in advance.

2. RAY

RAY

I am of not help, but would also like to have a simple esignal question answered. Maybe we can kill two birds with one stone?

Can I (anyone) write a EFS to track the volume on (from) Time and Sales (maybe a tick chart)? If so can you (I) create 'filters' that are sub 1 minute?

If so can you also separate the Trades from the Bids/Asks, and the Buys from the Sells?

3. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

Just for the thread's reference, Eldridge's question was answered here.

4. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

Ray,

Adding the regular volume study should perform the function you are looking for. If you need less then a 1 minute interval, you can specify the number of seconds by typing an "s" after the number of seconds. For instance, for a 15 second bar chart, please use the interval "15s".

For Bid/Ask Volume, try this EFS.

5. Eldredge

Eldredge

Yes, I just downloaded and used this study. Works great! Thanks for the help