Esignal Forex on Demand - Advanced Charts won't stream

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Ridu, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Ridu

Ridu

Is anyone else having this problem? I'm told by support that streaming advanced charting should be supported in forex on demand, but mine are dead, frozen, no movement. Standard charts are streaming, but they are of no use to me. Quotes are updating real time. Wondering whether this is a bug in the software.
    Grateful if anyone can confirm if they have problems with this

2. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

Ridu,

There's a configuration file that is out of date in the 10.4 installer, while this is obviously not a good thing, it is easily solved by restarting eSignal and the Data Manager twice. This will ensure that the most current configuration files are downloaded and the Advanced Charts will stream correctly for Forex symbols. Apologies for the inconvenience.

FYI, we'll have this permanently corrected in the installer in a maintenance release later this month.

3. Ridu

Ridu

I just tried restarting a number of times, as well as rebooting - the advanced forex charts still don't work, they are frozen and don't move. I'm using version 10.4.1540.1035. The forex quotes are updating streaming, the standard forex charts are updating streaming, so I don’t get how it isn’t working in the advanced charting? I'm using FXCM contributor, 24 hour sessions selected. I was onto support for half an hour yesterday, they also couldn't get it to work. Are you able to see live streaming advanced forex charts working in the 'forex on demand' package at your end? If not, can you please fix this asap as I'm without streaming charting data. If you can, please tell me what else may be the problem. It's not been working ever since I sinced up last week. I even tried re-installing esignal with no luck... thanks.

4. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

Hi Ridu,

Sorry to hear you continue to have trouble. From the sound of it, the configuration files are not being allowed to be downloaded and stored locally. There's one common reason for that and that is MS Vista. Are you running on that OS?

If so, head on over to this KnowledgeBase Article on how to configure eSignal to run on Vista.

If you are running Window XP, then something else may be acting up, and I would recommend contacting our support department.

5. Ridu

Ridu

I'm running XP, I've been onto support a number of times, email and phone. They promised to email me back yesterday and this morning, but not heard back yet. The email I did get back 2 days ago told me to reboot a few times, but this didn't help. Is there anything else I can try? Are other users having trouble with this? Can't see any way to fix it. Thanks.

6. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

Ridu,

Please PM me your contact information and I'll have a senior representative give you a call with further troubleshooting tactics.

7. Ridu

Ridu

done

8. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

Thanks Ridu. In speaking with the Tech. Support supervisor, it sounds like they've begun assessing the situation.

Generally speaking, this isn't something that everyone is seeing. The configuration file issue mentioned earlier in the thread affects 1 contributor out of 9, and in all cases we've seen restarting twice solves that issue (sans Vista, which I also mentioned.)

Thanks again for the PM and the willingness to work with our support team to get this resolved.

9. Ridu

Ridu

Support called last night, advice was to replace the rtdelcode.tab file - did this twice, still doesn't work.
    Thought I test this on a different machine this morning, so downloaded the latest version from Esignal website on my 2nd laptop. input username and exactly the same problem: forex quotes and basic charts work, advanced charts don't... I don't get how I've got the exact same problem on two different pc's / two different installations?
    I've spent a tonne of time trying to fix this - Do you have this working on your end, specifically on the 'forex on demand' package? Please can you find a working solution to this problem and have senior rep call again.
    thank you.

10. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

Ridu,

To my knowledge, this is the only report I've heard of that is experiencing the same symptoms. We certainly have tested the eSignal OnDemand - Forex product on multiple different PC's and specifically with the rtdelcode.tab that's in production and with the 10.4 release.

It's certainly strange that you have two PC's with the same behavior, yet none of our PC's here are exhibiting that same symptom. Is there a common thread between the two PC's? Are you running XP in a locked-down state where eSignal is not able to read the .tab file? If my information is correct, your first PC has eSignal installed on the D:\ drive... does this second PC also have the same setup?

My understanding is that a senior representative from an office near your location has already scheduled a time to contact you for further troubleshooting via remote desktop. If something has changed, please let me know via PM and I'll pass the word along to that rep.

#10     Apr 7, 2009