eSignal: false high/low of day alerts

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by davez, Oct 19, 2010.

1. jharmon

jharmon

Evidence of all of the above required please.

State: Data Feed Used, subscription undertaken, timestamp, data point (OHLCV) and same for comparison source.

#11     Oct 20, 2010
  2. Doesn't IB conflate their data and not show all the actual prints? It may seem faster if they're not showing everything. I'm not positive and just going by what I've heard, but would also love to see a comparison to shed some light on this. I do run esignal and have IB as a broker, but have never relied on IB's data when making the trades. For the most part, I actually just trade directly from my charts in eSignal.

Cheers,

Paul

#12     Oct 20, 2010
  3. davez

davez

This topic went in another direction, but I did get an answer to my original question. The simultaneous high/low-of-day alerts will not be fixed in the current release. Apparently that feature hasn't been added to the new release yet, but presumably will be working then (now early next year).
    ------------------------------------------------------
    re: eSignal data, I also use it alongside IB. I do not notice eSignal data being slower than IB, when its working. But its gotten so I have to run a scaled down version of my eSignal layout for the first hour and final hour of the day, otherwise eSignal freezes up. And even mid day it can freeze up briefly. I run five monitors of eSignal charts etc, with many efs's, but then I have an i7 Quad core CPU with 6GB of memory. If the new release still freezes, that will be the final straw for me.

davez

#13     Oct 25, 2010