Esignal Email Alerts Not Working?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by trend7rader, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Did anyone manage to get these to work? Popup and audio alerts are working fine, but can't get a single email alert to come through from Esignal (version 10.5).... Tried all the recommended settings on Esignals help file but no joy: http://kb.esignalcentral.com/display/2n/articleDirect/index.asp?aid=1238&r=0.9679529
    I'm using Outlook 2003 with Gmail IMAP account, sending and receiving using the same account.
    Many thanks
    Joe

2. demarcog

demarcog

I have the exact same problem. If you figure it out let me know. Their knowledgebase has an article on setting up the correct parameters but I can't find out the setting for wither AOL, yahoo or any other mailer.

3. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Here's the corresponding thread on our forums with a successful solution.

The primary hurdle to get email alerts working is that many ISP's require authentication to permit outbound emails and we currently don't have authentication built-in to the alert engine. That will be addressed in the new framework in time but for now, you just need to find a compatible set-up.

Thanks.

4. there are some free pop based servers out there that you can configure on your pc to not require authentication.. they work by forwarding the emails to public servers.. i have tested this and it works.