eSignal EFS code

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Magna, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Heres what Im getting.

#21     Feb 16, 2004
  2. Magna

Magna Administrator

easy, yours and mine are exactly the same (altho your TICK chart is above the study, mine is below; your TICK chart is candles, mine is bars), meaning we've both got the exact same problem. Can't for the life of me figure out how Bsulli got his to match (as they should). BTW, thanks Bsulli for posting the .zip and the screensnap.

#22     Feb 16, 2004
  3. If i do a $tick chart and put the study on it they match.

#23     Feb 16, 2004
  4. heres the pic

#24     Feb 16, 2004
  5. Magna

Magna Administrator

Fascinating, just did the same and it works. I never thought of trying that because there's absolutely no practical reason to put a TICK study at the bottom of a $TICK chart, if anything the whole reason for the TICK study (and this thread) is to eliminate a separate $TICK chart. But, yes, if you do they match. However, the moment you change the $TICK chart (that includes the study) to something else like the ES then the TICK study no longer matches a separate $TICK chart. Which essentially makes the TickExtremes.efs study useless because it only works properly when "attached" to a $TICK chart. Very weird.

#25     Feb 16, 2004
  6. Magna

Magna Administrator

Just discovered something else to add to the weirdness, as we noticed the TickExtreme.efs when attached to a $TICK chart works properly, and when attached to any other chart gives completely false readings. But not quite. It actually gives accurate readings except they are shifted 2hr 5min to the right. For instance, the 9:55 TickExtreme bar attached to the $TICK chart (first red one on 2/13) doesn't show up on a TickExtreme study attached to the ES chart until 12:00p (both EST). Since you can't set timezones for individual charts this makes absolutely no sense, but it's true. So be careful, if you use a TickExtreme study on an ES chart (5min chart in my attachment) the bars will be completely wrong and you won't even get an actual 9:55a TICK reading until the 12:00p bar, an entire 2hr 5min later!!!

#26     Feb 16, 2004
  7. dloomis514

dloomis514 Guest

I knew this sounded familar...

I think the $tick is only published from 930 to 400, if you are plotting on a time template different from this the bars do not line up.

Try using a 930 to 400 pm myc time template, I think they will line up better.

#27     Feb 16, 2004
  8. My charts were set to RTH but I think it is something else. I was doing another study (indu vs ym) and the offset was about the same as magna mentioned. I have a hunch that the charts may be ok come tommorrow morning.

#28     Feb 16, 2004
  9. dloomis514

dloomis514 Guest

also, can you tell if there are any missing $tick bars - this would also skew the relationship - empty bars are not skipped, they are filled with the next minutes data.

#29     Feb 16, 2004
  10. Magna

Magna Administrator

If you look at my attachment you'll see that my chart is set to 9:30-16:15 (EST), so that's not the problem. Anyway, I hope easy's right and all is well tomorrow morning. But I have my doubts because the historical data that we posted (from Friday 2/13) clearly shows that there is a 2hr 5min offset when the TickExtreme.efs is attached to any chart other than the $TICK chart.

#30     Feb 16, 2004