esignal down?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by steve035, Oct 21, 2005.

1. steve035

steve035

Anyone got the scoop?

2. works for me

3. not for me in Hongkong

4. steve035

steve035

data manager went down about 15 minutes ago and will not reconnect.. when I go to support I just get an automated messaged saying there is an issue ongoing but cannot get to a rep.

5. ER9

ER9

working here, los angeles

6. We experienced a small outage this morning that affected a specific subset of users. We have isolated the cause of the issue and made the necessary corrections. All users should be connected and receiving data at this time.

7. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

After more investigation, it turns out some users had difficulty today because of an out-dated server setting within their eSignal Data Manager. The correct setting is CM*.esignal.com.

This setting is critical for redundancy. When we suffered power problems in our Hayward, CA facility, we switched to our Boxborough, MA Data Center. The wildcard * in that DM setting is what directs eSignal to the next data center if it can't connect on it's first attempt.

For more information and for help in determining if you have the correct setting, please refer to KB Article 2272.

There was a seperate authentication problem this morning as well so if you're setting is OK, you likely had a problem due to that authentication issue.

Thank you.