eSignal - Doesn't anyone use it for NYSE?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Slave2Market, Aug 6, 2003.

1. I have been also looking for NYSE only charts. For some reason when there is all the ECN's in the charts there are many bad ticks that make it more confusing.

Thanks,

#11     Aug 14, 2003
  2. qcharts cant do it either.or is it a different symbol?

#12     Aug 14, 2003
  3. MrDinky

MrDinky

Agree on both issues. Thanks Slave2Market for bringing this up.

:cool:

#13     Aug 14, 2003
  4. I second, third and fourth the motion.

We need "=N" daily charts.

As a general observation, the amount of bad ticks and data coming from these services is astounding. How can anybody use scans and filters in a meaningful way with all the bad ticks.

I would be very happy to subscribe to any service that would scrub the data and deliver "good" ticks only. Shouldn't be that hard, any tick that is grossly out of the norm from the rest should be simply dropped. Probably wouldn't cost more than 1/4 second to do this.

My $.02 worth

#14     Aug 16, 2003
  5. jem

jem

In the past I know that some the firms or software do let you filter out the bad ticks. I do not remember which ones. Additionally a guy who traded in my office two years ago has spent a great deal of time designing software that scans and charts and does everything he always wanted. He should be releasing it soon I will let you know when it is ready for prime time. I have seen the beta product and used it. It was interesting and improving but plagued by bad ticks so that is why they are working on the filter. There goal is to allow the trader to change the settings of what is filtered if the trader so desires.

I do not think that is orginal to them though so keep looking.

#15     Aug 16, 2003
  6. I really hope so because i friend of mine who trades has called about it various times and they told him that not in a million years they would do it because nobody cares for such a feature.

I really hope this can be available soon.

thanks,

#16     Aug 16, 2003