Esignal disapointment.

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by mrbud, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Chriz

Chriz

I would suggest increasing the speed of their servers. I have two dsl lines, a fast one and a slower one for backup. Although the backup line is only one third the speed of the fast one, a volume chart backfill takes the same amount of time on both lines.
    Seems that they have throttled their servers. Just try downloading the latest software build from their site. I get about 30kb/sec only. Kinda slow for a data vendor isnt it?

#41     Jan 24, 2008
  2. Absolutely unbelievable that in January 2008 eSignal is on a public chat board promising to upgrade their servers to the level at which they can provide the most basic level of service for their real-time data customers.

Just unreal.

#42     Jan 24, 2008
  3. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

See the attached for more information.

#43     Jan 24, 2008
  4. Chriz

Chriz

Ninja_Ray,

I dont see a attachment, please retry.

#44     Jan 24, 2008
  5. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

#45     Jan 24, 2008
  6. I would suggest you provide volume for the following indices:

$OEX
    $SPX
    $RUT

Regards,

Slave2Market

#46     Jan 24, 2008
  7. Ok, today set a new record LOW!

eSignal froze up on numerous occassions - some more than 30 seconds, AND managed to dissconnect itself TWICE in the last five minutes of trading! My MM windows on my platform were working just fine, and my wife sitting next to me was working uninterrupted on her computer.

Scott, go look at GS and see how fast that can move in the 30+ seconds yuo have no data. My last price bar is prior to the close is 15:58 (on one minute charts).

Enough already. My billing comes due the second week of February - plenty of time to find someone I can rely on.

#47     Jan 24, 2008
  8. The problem with DTN is that they DO NOT support NYSE and AMEX Nasdaq Level-2 quotes.

To me, that's just plain unacceptable.

#48     Apr 1, 2008
  9. I heard this same "story" several years ago when E-Signal was having issues . . . They always talk about rolling out upgraded servers, yet it might actually be the "network" that they are on.

For example, ARCA doesn't really support TCP/IP anymore. They have moved over to "Multi-Cast". If you are a broker and you haven't moved over with them to Multi-Cast there is no one there to continue supporting that network.

#49     Apr 1, 2008