Esignal disapointment.

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by mrbud, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Yes, friday was ridiculous for loading 1-minute charts. They would take up to 10 seconds to fully load on my rig, and I could watch the bars jumping and painting as the data dribbled in.

Meanwhile, IB data, which is supposed to be second tier, was flowing smoothly.

#11     Jan 21, 2008
  2. I use IQ Feed/QuoteTracker combo.

Inexpensive and does anything I want to do short of coding.

#12     Jan 21, 2008
  3. Ever had a chance to compare the speed of the IQ feed with i.e. IB or anything else? A few years back DTN/IQ had a bad rep around here but maybe things have improved in the recent past...

#13     Jan 21, 2008
  4. FCCT

FCCT

Probably the wrong thread to ask on.

Can you buy Esignal software?

Looks like you can buy it for $3,995 plus exchange fees.

Not sure whats included in it, but probably cheaper in 2-3 years.

http://esignal.com/esignal/pricing/default.asp

#14     Jan 21, 2008
  5. Last few days have had trouble getting T&S Windows to load - keeps say Req Sent, while I wait and wait and wait...

Also, have had the system just freeze up for up to 60 seconds at a time...no quotes, then my MM windows and eSignal are WAY out of alignment. Since I execute through the MM Window, I can go with this, but what am I paying for then?

Got some guy on the phone who also tried to tell me it was on my end - sorry, but no, after checking memory, running Windows XP, no other applications except my platform, etc etc...

IQ/QuoteTracker is looking better and better, and for significantly less!

#15     Jan 22, 2008
  6. same problem here, T&S (req sent)...it is common occurernce during FOMC or high volume days.

#16     Jan 22, 2008
  7. cmaxb

cmaxb

If only CQG were cheaper..

#17     Jan 22, 2008
  8. RedDuke

RedDuke

A good combination, and a cheaper one is esignal data feed going into Ninja Trader charts (Ninja is free for charting and demo trading).

I trade DAX futures and esignal was reporting data today without any delay, and it was a crazy morning in Europe as we all know.

#18     Jan 22, 2008
  9. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

If you don't need to review historical bid/ask data (for both tick charts and time and sales), you should try our new trades-only tick servers. You'll be requesting 60-70% less data with bid/ask quotes removed.

Please view this thread on eSignal Central for more information and contact Customer Service to have the new entitlement added to your account. You can always have it removed if you discover that you need b/a data in your historical charts/T&S windows.

Thanks.

#19     Jan 22, 2008
  10. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Also, we posted a new build of 10.0 (10.01) to our download site late last month. We've made some performance improvements in this build with more coming in the next 2 releases as well.

I would encourage users having issues to download the latest version.

Thanks.

#20     Jan 22, 2008