Esignal charts freezing

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by lescor, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Dustin

Dustin

Mine are working well this morning. I wish they built in either an auto server switching mechanism or the ability for the user to do it like Qcharts had.

#21     Jan 19, 2007

2. They turned to crap the last hour of the market.

unreal.

#22     Jan 22, 2007
  3. It continues.........

delays to fill in time & sales & 1 minute advanced charts when switching symbols.

The delays occur at random times.

My time limit is 4 weeks.

Fix it in 4 weeks or I'm gone from Esignal.

#23     Jan 24, 2007
  4. Exactly. You'd think they would take some of the good ideas from QCharts. Instead, they bought them out to remove a source of competition.
    I was a user for 2 years. No longer. For datafeed reliability reasons, I won't touch these 3 vendors for futures trading anymore:....tradestation, esignal, qcharts.

#24     Jan 24, 2007
  5. bluedemon77

bluedemon77 Guest

That's it for me. I just cancelled eSignal. They didn't even try to talk me out of it. I was going to give them another month if they had given me a credit for this past month, but I guess they figure if you lose a customer there are plenty more where that one came from.

#25     Jan 25, 2007
  6. I came across this same EXACT issue with 1-minute bar charts on the SPX cash and the S&P E-Mini Futures contract about 2.5 years ago.

I must have spent over 5 hours ( total ) on the phone with E-Signal tech support over the course of one week, and when all was said and done and I had "jumped thru all sorts of hoops" helping THEM to troubleshoot their own system and servers, I finally gave up.

It was the most frustrating and distracting time that I have ever experienced with a data-provider. And it completely WASTED an entire week's worth of trading before I finally raised the white flag and gave up on THEM.

For what it's worth, I literally live 30 miles away (as the crow flies) from their headquarters.

I can't believe that this is still GOING ON YEARS LATER !!!

:(

#26     Jan 26, 2007
  7. So who then do you recommend? TIA:D

#27     Jan 26, 2007
  8. I just thought I'd better add-in here that I am experiencing these same delays and also getting cropped data...

BUT

I recently cancelled my DTN ProphetX subscription because of how long it took to change thru custom time intervals... Esignal wins hands down in that comparison so I am happy enough...

FOR NOW!

#28     Jan 26, 2007
  9. The advanced chart delays started again around 3pm today. Constant restarting of Esignal finally got things working after about 5 minutes of missed opportunities. 3 weeks left for Esignal to fix their problems of I'm cancelling them.

Esignal has turned into Erratic Signal.

#29     Jan 29, 2007
  10. I have been having some trouble with Tradestation later. I am on dsl now where as before it was cable. I find gaps in charts now. This has been going on for a couple of weeks.

I wonder the interent is having problems. I have noticed Bellsouth here in Atlanta being very erractic from time to time.

John

#30     Jan 29, 2007