Esignal charts freezing

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by lescor, Jan 17, 2007.

1. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

To all,

Last week, we did have several issues with our tick servers (they provide tick and intraday minute data) and we spent the weekend making a series of upgrades to rectify the situation.

With over 600 servers across 7 locations, it's extremely helpful to have the specific username of anyone seeing delays. While all servers have alarms, those alarms aren't nec sensitive enough to detect sluggish responses.

Please contact us directly if you are still seeing slow-loading intraday charts so we can figure out what server(s) you are connecting to.

Thank you.

#11     Jan 18, 2007
  2. Scott, if you give a direct phone number & extension where you can be reached, I'll contact you (and hopefully others too) when it occurs next. Sitting thru phone queues takes too much time for traders who are continually looking for opportunities and where time is a precious commodity.

#12     Jan 18, 2007
  3. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

If not for the size of our customer base, we'd be happy to give out direct extensions. As it is, having users call an individual extension simply doesn't work very well.

In addition to calling Tech Support, also feel free to contact us via LiveRep (live chat).

Thanks.

#13     Jan 18, 2007
  4. bluedemon77

bluedemon77 Guest

Enough is enough. I've contacted tech support twice regarding this issue and I just get a response that says "be patient" and they are working on the server problems. As of today, the problem is continuing. Two weeks is about the limit of my patience. Next time I call eSignal it will be to cancel my account. It's absurd to pay twice what DTN charges for less reliable service. Maybe I'll come back someday when they get their act together, or maybe I won't.

#14     Jan 18, 2007
  5. Fractal

Fractal

Unfortunately I end up calling to have the servers flushed for the guys in our office two or three times a day. The techs are always extremely kind and helpful. It's just unfortunate that the problem still returns like clockwork, every day.

Maybe the rapid floods of 100 share ticks that the Hybrid system has unleashed for NYSE stocks has increased the server load.

#15     Jan 18, 2007
  6. rjv27

rjv27

This is exactly it. Too much tick data, now every tick is being displayed under the hybrid market. If I know it, Esignal knows it and I no nothing about tech.:D

#16     Jan 18, 2007
  7. Fractal

Fractal

Yeah that's kinda clear when watching candles tick down 25 cents in half a second and then right back up -- cent by cent. Never seen that before. Must be a ton of garbage data to display.

#17     Jan 18, 2007
  8. Dustin

Dustin

Ditto, just for the Esignal techs reading this thread. Username dustin247.

#18     Jan 18, 2007
  9. Bsulli

Bsulli

Nothing irrates me more than knowing exactly which quote/esignal server ISN'T doing it's job but network admins at esignal can't. Ensign makes it fairly easy to figured out. But why should I even have to do that?

Yesterday it was one of the mia servers not updating MR07H and today it's this one. And yes I can easily verify my results by editing the continum.ini file.

Server=209.202.214.31:23100 65535 01/01/1801 00:00:00 (cc-11.sc8.finance.lycos.com)

Not an esignal hater but getting tire of having to make sure my ini file points to server that work.

Bsulli

#19     Jan 19, 2007
  10. It's happening again.

Type in a symbol.

*tick* *tock* *tick* *tock* *tick* *tock* *tick* *tock* as the intraday chart & time/sales sit blank before loading.

10:44AM Eastern Time

#20     Jan 19, 2007