Esignal Billed for an extra month

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by StreamlineTrade, Aug 5, 2006.

1. StreamlineTrade

StreamlineTrade Guest

I cancelled an e-signal service (Futuresource Xtra) I used to receive at the end of July because I was fed up with the application crashing, and the lousy data.

I get it confirmed that I will NOT be billed for August IF I cancel before the end of July.

So guess what happens? Yes, of course! I get billed for August.

So I go to the e-signal website to see if there is contact email address. There is actually a section where you log into, but guess what - yep, you need your user name and password to log in. Can I log in? Of course not, because I have cancelled my service and the password is no longer valid!

DOH!

I KNEW this lot would try this trick, I just KNEW it.

Please can someone give me the e-mail address of the billing department, and possibly the CEO if they have it - so I can give him a 'piece of my mind!'

Maybe Scott will be able to help as he has been helpful before.

Thanks

ST

2. (510) 264-1700

3. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Email address is xtra@mail.esignal.com.

Sounds like you were trying to log onto Account Maintenance which does require an active subscription.

Just send a quick note to the above email address and we'll look into it on Monday. Certainly sounds like an easy one to resolve. We can also provide you more information than I have as to what happened with your original cancellation request. If we've made an error, we'll make good on it.

We're in the middle of a conversion on XTRA so we can also let you know if the problems you've been encountering are related to the legacy servers we are replacing or not.

Thanks.

4. StreamlineTrade

StreamlineTrade Guest

Thanks for the help Scott.

Its a shame more of e-signal staff aren't as diligent.

I'm aware of the issues re the change-over, but I'm sorry, that the issues are persisting for too long, so I had to cancel.

5. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Did you have to double post 2 bad reviews of Esignal without first speaking to customer service at Esignal? At least wait to see how the issue is resolved before jumping to conclusions.

I hope you get confirmation on the charge back for the service on Monday.

6. StreamlineTrade

StreamlineTrade Guest

Yes, one of the ratings should be deleted. It was submitted twice because of an error in the the title. I am sure it will be dealt with by the diligent moderation here.

As for the post, yes I am sure it will be resolved in a professional manner we expect from e-signal.

My issue is not how/if they resolve the issue, BUT THE FACT THAT IT HAS HAPPENED. It should not have. It just bugs me that this has happened because of all the issues I've had with Xtra in the past. If only the market was as easy to predict! Scott's efforts are pretty much the only reason I stayed for the last 6 months or so.

They are quick enough to restrict access (giving), so they do KNOW I have cancelled. But they are not as quick to restrict their billing (taking).

7. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

I wish I could say we never make mistakes but we do. We also do our best to correct them as soon as possible. Since I don't know the details in this situation, I can't say we made an error or if there is some other reasonable explanation. Often times, there are other factors that, once explained, leaves the customer with a very different perspective. We get our share of "sorry's" from users as well. They just don't make the public eye very often.

We'll certainly understand better come Monday.

Thanks.

8. StreamlineTrade

StreamlineTrade Guest

Scott,

I just got this email from one of your people:
    Dear Mr.

Thank you for your email

I have cancelled your service as of today Monday August 7th. Can I ask you to please forward the email you mentioned regarding your cancellation as there is no record of it on our system & we can then process your refund.

Please be aware that it can take up to 14 days for the refund to appear on your statements.

We look forward to hearing from you soon
    Regards
    Noel
    eSignal Support

This REALLY PISSES ME OFF. I am sorry for the language, but this really is INSULT TO INJURY.

Is this standard practice? Bill people for another month hoping they wont notice, then refusing to pay back YOUR MISTAKE for 14 days - meanwhile you collect interest on that money. NOT ACCEPTABLE.

I put up with the Xtra application falling over, and I really appreciated your help on that. The engineer that helped was also great. But alas, the problems came back and I decided to switch. That was the 'injury'. I appreciate you are having issues with the legacy transformation, but there we go.

The 'insult' is getting billed again.

Now I find myself getting kicked in the nuts with this email.

WHY DO YOU NOT HAVE RECORDS OF MY CANCELATION AS THE EMAIL SAYS?

Perhaps you could PM me with your email address so I can keep you in the loop on this rather than wash your laundry in public.

I just want to repeat how let down I feel by your company not having any record of my cancellation.

The only e-mail I had to prove for this was some sorry questionnaire asking why I cancelled, which I deleted and didn't fill in, because quite frankly, it should be bloody obvious why I am canceling - because the applettes take years to load (despite my 7.6 Mbps download speed), and the data frequently crashes (same old same old). The other one was confirming that I would not be billed at the end of the cycle.

9. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Shoot me a PM and I'll see if I can track down your original email in our archives. Please include the email address you "sent" it from and the approx time and date. If you used one of our email forms, just point me to the exact one you used.

It's always unfortunate when we don't have a record of customer requests but without that record, we wouldn't have known to make a change, hence the additional billing. Again, nothing can't be un-done, so to speak, so shoot me your account information and I'll see what I can do.

In regards to your comment about 14 days, we process refunds once a week but the length of time it takes to post to your account can vary quite a bit between banks. We don't hold your money but neither do we control how fast the bank posts it so we quote you an extended target date as a result.

Thanks.

10. Question to Marketsurfer

Do you actually use the software Tymora?

If yes, please tell us more about it.
    If not, please tell us why you think its the best.

Thank you

Moonwalker99

#10     Aug 8, 2006