eSignal as a Datafeed for TS2000I

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Chuck_T, Aug 8, 2003.

1. tango29

tango29

Sorry had to go out of town. Thank you for your response. But I am still curious about the charges. The exchanges want the fee per device and isn't that the exchange fee? That I know you have to pass on, but what about the esignal charges to be able to use it on more than one copmuter? ie having to have 2 feeds in the same house. Can esignal charge less to be able to run a 2nd feed? You charge the exchange fee which you don't have control over , but there is also your charge for the 2nd fee at $79/mnth I could do without, or at least reduced. I pay the $1500 all ready for a year of one feed, and then another $79/month just to run to a different in the same house. Teh idea of multi monitors is great, I do that on one computer, but have enough multiple markets I trade that I prefer 2 computers, for viewing and redundancy in case one crashes.
    Thank you for your input, and I don't mean this to be a rip on esignal, honestly just a question. I have had a great experience with esignal, but like any good buisness would like to reduce my costs.

#21     Aug 12, 2003
  2. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

tango29 -

We don't currently have any second unit pricing that fits what you are looking for. We have been offering a lower price for third parties with that eSignal Basic package. We'll probably add more exchange options to the package in the future.

Chuck

#22     Aug 12, 2003
  3. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

#23     Aug 12, 2003
  4. Hi,

I am trying to setup Global server to receive Data from DBC online
    subserver on my laptop. But after installing activex and setting up
    global server, when i open tradestation Chart in prosuite 2000i,
    it pops up a window with title "creat chart windows" it has
    four options:
    -global server
    -global server symbol list
    -3rd party directory
    -3rd party directory symbol list

I can't find the window "global sever-desktop edition by omega
    reasearch" that you have pictured it in setup followed:

http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20870

Please let me know where i am going wrong?
    Thank you

#24     Sep 7, 2003
  5. hi,

I bought the Prosuite package 3 years ago, worked with it for 1 year and then was about throwing it outta the window. The permant issues I had with screwed data from historybank. com and/or other 3rd party solutions kept fucking me up big time and that was one of the main reasons why I deceided not to use TS2000i anymore.

3 weeks ago I read about this downloader on another board and deceided to give it shot, as Tradestation isnt such a bad product at all (ok, sometimes it IS a mess, but what is not?) and I was looking for a reasonable charting application with scans for german equities anyway.

Guess what - I was stunned. The downloader integrates seamlessly into the GS and makes downloading historical (tick-)data a piece of kiddycake.
    I´m downloading german and us equity & index tick data and finally get CORRECT charts in ts2000i.
    No more hasselling with history-bullshit-bank.com or other 3rd party applications, where data is missing or wrong.

Apart from that, realtime feeding works great, just as it always did.

Yes, it took long til esignal made it available, but now it is there and it is a great great service. This tool makes keeping your data up-to-date real simple.

Thanks ESignal,

Kev
    Happy&Satisfied Customer
    :D :D :D

#25     Sep 7, 2003
  6. Nice to have your approval on using this product, since i am
    new TS user.
    I will appericiate if you can answare my question also?

#26     Sep 7, 2003
  7. Any help?

#27     Sep 7, 2003
  8. I use the default setting, which is 'Global Server'. I only change this one when I use ASCII data.

------------------------------------------------------

#28     Sep 8, 2003
  9. Did anybody tried to download current day's EOD data for all AMEX/NASDAQ/NYSE stock? How long does it take? I tried once, it took me about 4 hours. :confused:

It looks like it takes about 5 seconds for each symbol, what's your experience? Thanks!

#29     Sep 11, 2003