eSignal as a Datafeed for TS2000I

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Chuck_T, Aug 8, 2003.

1. Vas62

Vas62

Ok.
    Here is my question to Chuck.
    I have about 13,000 symbols in my Global Server's Symbol Portfolio.Every night I download daily data for all that symbols from HistoryBank.com. It takes no more than 1 min for update.
    Yesterday I tried this new software. All I tried to do is download DAILY data for all stocks (about 12,000) for 08/08/2003. One day only. Firs the software(active plugin) started counting and selecting symbol from Global server. It took 20 min. Then it started to download data. Considering the speed of this process(it shows on screen) it may takes about 4 hours. Either I was doing something wrong or some information is missing from help file,such as "Running Plugin For The First Time ". For now I'm just back to HistoryBank. Please notice I didn't try to download any intraday data. Only EOD.
    Thank you in advance for your help.

#11     Aug 9, 2003
  2. Hi guys, just installed that esignal ts plugin,

it works really perfectly! I never expect such an elegant solution.

Thank you esignal!

#12     Aug 10, 2003
  3. AdlerNY

AdlerNY

Ok, I can speak only about futures/forex/indexes, because I have Esignal subscription on it.

Installed, tested ….GREAT.... + free.
    And free is my best price. -)) Thank you, ESignal.

Without this tool, Esignal > TS were difficult to use, if not possible in some case for people who subscribe to Forex data and have unstable internet connection.

P.S. I left comment on Esignal forum.

#13     Aug 10, 2003
  4. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

StockZGrabber - thanks - lots of good comments on our forums also.

Vas62 - it may not be a good tool for what you are doing - its really to load tick and history data on a few symbols. We are working at extending our work on our EOD Data Wizard product which stores data off line into a global database. I am not exactly sure how it will work but you will have both an online and offline mode for eSignal and it loads the entire market fast each day since its a flat file. This is all coming later in the fall.

Our forums have some helpful hints on setups and what other users are finding so far:

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=94

Chuck

#14     Aug 10, 2003
  5. This is a cool tool...

Thanks for the effort!

It makes my life so much easier without DynaStore... when the computer crashes during market hours...

#15     Aug 10, 2003
  6. tomwade

tomwade

Chuck, is eSignal licensed for the device or the user?

Reason I'm asking, I like to get the market openings at home in the mornings before I leave for work. About an hours worth. Then, at work, I like to keep an eye on what's happening realtime. Different computer.

At the end of the day, it's back at home, for the detailed review of the events of the day, and processing.

At no time are the machines running concurrently, but both are updated to current status when they come online.

How does eSignal handle this in licensing/sign-up?

Tom

#16     Aug 10, 2003
  7. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

AdlerNY - glad you got it running fine.

WDGannn - yes it is a great tool that will help many global users.

tomwade - yes you can do this with eSignal. The rules are one user one device at a time. So you can run it at home at the market open, then go to work and run it on your PC there. Also great to load eSignal on your laptop for when you travel!

Chuck
    @eSignal

#17     Aug 10, 2003
  8. tomwade

tomwade

GREAT! Thanks, Chuck!

Now if I can just get past the sign up choke (it found my e-mail address in your database, so I guess I'll have to talk to Cust. Support tomorrow AM) I'll give it a serious run!

Thanks again, Chuck!

#18     Aug 10, 2003
  9. Vas62

Vas62

Chuck,
    Thanks for your response.
    That's what I'm looking for.Update EOD for entire universe of stocks(well,not entire,but enough for screening) and tick data for some symbols (up to 30 ,mayme 40). That's what I'm doing now.
    But now I 'm running Global server and E signal on 24 Hours basis from Sunday8:00 Pm till Saturday 4:15 Pm in order to collect all needed intraday (tick) data. Looking forvard to have this ESignal tool (wich is great piece of software for TS users) with all options,EOD and intraday.
    Thanks again.
    Vas62

P.S. I may get promotion in my Elite Trader membership soon:) due to increase in posting,since from 1999 till now had no posts at all. LOL:D

#19     Aug 10, 2003
  10. Finally...............

Thanks for the tool. It's really cool.

Trend:D

#20     Aug 11, 2003