Esignal and XP

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by easyrider, Mar 7, 2002.

1. Is anybody using esignal with XP? Anybody using the beta version with XP? If so, what is your opinion?

2. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Easyrider,

Curious to hear from other users but I've been running both 6.3 and the pre-beta versions of 7.0 for several months on XP w/o problems. I know we had XP in mind as we updated certain graphics and I know quite a few beta users are using XP without reporting any unusual difficulty.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

3. Which XP are you talking about. The home version or pro? I am using 98 which works pretty good with qcharts but would like to switch to Esignal which I have used before but I had problems with both 98 and 2000.

ps: no disrespect intended but your probably a little biased. Would really like to hear from some users.

4. wild

wild

no problems whatsoever running eSignal 6.3 / 7.0 under both windows 2000 pro & windows XP pro (180-day evaluation copy) ...

regards

wild

5. tuna

tuna

Running 6.3 on win2000 pro ...no problems

6. BruceF

BruceF

FWIW, I've been running the current versions of eSignal with Win98 SE without any problems at all over the past couple of years.

7.0 Beta1 is another story though.:eek:

7. wild

wild

... a giant leap into the 21st century

8. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

If you are having problems running the latest beta build (412), please be sure to send us the details at beta@esignal.com

The goal is to solve all significant problems before we go Gold. If the system problems are interfering with your trading, we recommend you going back to 6.3 until the issues in 7.0 beta are resolved.

Thanks,

9. BruceF

BruceF

I did send out an e-mail to Beta. Sounds like I wasn't the only one affected since they put out a new version a few hours after the open.

I kind of expect some hiccups at this point in the software testing. So, I can handle it with my trading style without a problem. I did switch back to 6.3 for the rest of the day. I'll give the latest release of 7.0 a try again next week.