Esignal and Q charts

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by erichsiao167, Aug 29, 2007.

1. djxput

djxput

Not sure I know they have a online trading section in the program that lists these brokerages ...

- MB, cyber trader, prefered trade, synQ
    dont think you can trade off the charts thou but who knows with those brokerages

#11     Sep 2, 2007
  2. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

QCharts + MB Trading works well from the reports I have heard from users of both. We've also heard success stories from QuoteTrader users that utilize QCharts for their decision making, and then QuoteTrader for trading. QT's always on top feature is handy to get the windows laid "into" QCharts' GUI.

#12     Sep 7, 2007
  3. reg

reg

Jay,

I have a question regarding the Hotlist feature of Qcharts which the rep I talked to cannot give me a straight answer on, namely:
    can I set price and volume parameters for the stocks that show up on the Hotlist? Example - only show stocks priced between $20 - $50 with volume of 300,000 etc.
    Thanks.

#13     Sep 7, 2007
  4. mokwit

mokwit

Take a look at Metastock Quotecenter. $135/month basic.

I cancelled eSignal as I refuse to pay those kind of prices for corrupt data and "it's your ISP" tactics.

#14     Sep 7, 2007
  5. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

Yes, you can set filters on Hot Lists.

[​IMG]

#15     Sep 10, 2007
  6. sammybea

sammybea

There are too many times that we bash software providers.. So I just wanted to say something good for Qcharts today. I have two different software providers (will not mention the other one) and Qcharts held up perfectly all day. I think this has a lot to do with support that Esignal has brought to Qcharts, but nonetheless.. thank you.

#16     Sep 18, 2007
  7. rmmsmh

rmmsmh

I have been a Qcharts user for the last five years and have recently changed to Ensign Charts. I always liked the look and ease of use with Qcharts but the slow quotes and recently lost free NYSE delayed quotes forced me to change. I am a Registered Rep so I have to pay Professional Fees for real time quotes. The NASDAQ and AMEX quotes are only $20 and $30 each per month but the NYSE quotes are $127 per month. Since I don't trade NYSE stocks I haven't had to pay that fee. I trade mostly options on the IWM so when it was moved to the NYSE I lost those quotes and would have had to pay over $300 per month to Qcharts to get back my slow quotes on the IWM.

I use IB for my broker and Ensign can use the real time quotes from IB which end up being much faster and more accurate than Qcharts ever were. So I dropped Qcharts at $152 per month and now use Ensign at $40 per month and have not given up anything in the process. Ensign charts can be made to look just like Qcharts and so I have basically recreated what my charts looked like before and even have a lot more feaures and tools than before.

#17     Sep 20, 2007