eSignal and European fees

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by GeorgeSoros, May 27, 2002.

1. patrick

patrick

s

#31     May 28, 2002
  2. alain

alain

some infos you might found interesting:

Tenfore is owned by Quantum.... or other said by George Soros.

#32     May 28, 2002
  3. wild

wild

alain,

are you trying to take us for a ride ... or don´t you really know what you´re talking about when you describe Tai-Pan as a "low cost" real-time data provider ?

www.stoploss.de

click on "Preise" (pricing) - then on "... Kursabonnements Deutschland" (data subscription Germany) & "... Kursabonnement USA" (data subscription USA) & "Tai-Pan Realtime News" ...

news in German only

Eurex futures extra at Euro 69/month

US futures unavailable

NASDAQ L II unavailable

these are the most competitive & attractive discount prices ... imo:

AMEX at Euro 19/month

NYSE at Euro 29/month

NASDAQ L I at Euro 39/month

Euro 1 = US $ 0.93

anyone considering a subscription of "European data only" - no "region & L II fee" needed - would imo be well advised to compare this to eSignal´s pricing structure ... time allowing.

hope this helps

regards

wild

#33     May 29, 2002
  4. alain

alain

depends what you want like I said. Let's take the Eurex data as an example: (base fee + exchange fee)

eSignal: $151
    TaiPan: €89 = ~$83

German Markets (Frankfurt, Xetra, Neuer Markt)

eSignal: $115
    TaiPan: €119 = ~$110

All combined (German Markets, Regional Markets, Xetra-US Stars, Eurex, Stoxx-Inidces, Ad Hoc News)

eSignal: $227 (without the german regional markets)
    TaiPan: €195 = ~$181

Well Tenfore has always a base fee of 200chf and is generally more expensive as the above and so is Winbis.

You see. I know what I'm talking about. You did miss one point. Tai-Pan charges a very low base fee of only €20 compared to eSignal with $129 for futures.

so tai-pan is cheaper for european markets.

#34     May 29, 2002
  5. wild

wild

alain,

you´re comparing peanuts with melons ... quite obviously :

"eSignal Futures" includes North American, European and Asian futures & indices. CBOT mini-sized futures come with it free and the all-important CME e-minis are just $10/month ... none of those data are even available with Tai-Pan.

besides:

you forgot to mention the costs for VWD´s (german language = absolutely useless) neartime/realtime news ... while eSignal´s very useful basic news package is included in the subscription. do you really believe that anybody can seriously even consider trading Eurex futures without at least having access to - the only relevant - English language news ?

as a Swiss national you are probably aware of the constant complaints in all German language forums & chat rooms regarding WinBis, Tenfore/Quotespeed and Tai-Pan service & connection problems ... and yet, no word about eSignal´s doubtless superior charting capabilities, data stability/reliability, support etc.

btw:

taking in account the relatively huge number of German daytraders (2.5 million - according to the #1 german newspaper FAZ ... www.faz.com ) i find the lack of a German language eSignal website/introduction quite surprising ... not all of them are good enough at English when it comes to the peculiarities of a sophisticated datafeed.

regards

wild

#35     May 29, 2002
  6. alain

alain

wild, you are absolutly correct.

I was only comparing Data Feed for Eurex and German Stock markets and not with other global markets. That's a different story. I was just comparing those.

I myself use eSignal and I'm satisfied. I use it with TS but esignal advanced charting is ok. Except that they have a two second delay on eurex data compared to tenfore. Overall they have a great service.

Generally seen eSignal is the best data service around for european Traders. There is no question about that.

2.5 Million Daytraders in germany.. wow! Then almost every thirtiest german is a daytrader... The question is what they do declear as a daytrader.

Im europäisch deutschen Markt der Broker und Datenanbierter ist im allgemeinen noch viel zu tun. Dabei wird eSignal sicher etwas Wind in den Markt bringen....

#36     May 29, 2002
  7. H2O

H2O

#37     May 29, 2002
  8. wild

wild

German population 83 million ... 28 million already doing all/most of their banking online ... banks are closing branches/local offices by the 100s

#38     May 29, 2002
  9. wild

wild

#39     May 29, 2002
  10. H2O

H2O

#40     May 29, 2002